JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got one a the 375 uppers from Tromix. Fit and finish is pretty good! They shipped it fast, couple a days and it was here. Put a light hand guard from Gibbz on it and am using my SW base for it. With scope an mag its just over 9 lbso_O.
They have the dies for 375 there, so I got that with the upper. You can neck down 458's if you need to. I ordered the brass from SBR, save some work. No crimp on the dies so I may see if Lee cant make one. The rounds look like a pregnant 223:p. I loaded the first ones with 47 gr RE15 and a Sierra 200gr pro hunter. We'll see how they work. Tromix says any steel mag will work but the 450 Bushmater mags seem to keep the rounds centered better than 223 mags.
I asked Tony how many of these are out there and he said he'd sold around 70 so far. Anyone else run across one yet?

IMG_0501_zpsrcts2bm9.jpg IMG_0505_zpsjveekgn3.jpg IMG_0506_zpswcdnnuqh.jpg IMG_0507_zpslyuwz0tg.jpg IMG_0504_zpsr4wamyuc.jpg

I haven't got out to shoot the thing yet. I hope to get out later this week. The load chart i got from them shows it should be around 2300.

I haven't got out to shoot the thing yet. I hope to get out later this week. The load chart i got from them shows it should be around 2300.
-
2300 not bad . that should carry good ft/lb energy out 200 to 300 yard down range .
not to say that several hundred ft/lb past 300 yrd. is not worthy, but Elev. drop holdovers are getting big past that .
The Cal. 375 Tromix should hunt good for large game for short range, or Bang the steel target plates with authority .

Got out to shoot it today.200 gr sierras went 2044 with 47 gr RE15 and the 235 speer's went 1935 with 41 gr H4895 . Thing had plenty a kick and great sound:D Got a 3" group at 100 yrds, not so great but those damn bumblebees were after me:p. Got a melon out and let er have it.

IMG_0509_zps0bvn4svs.jpg

Last Edited:
Just a follow up. I sent a dummy round to Lee and they made me up a crimp die for the 375. Cost was $35 and it took about a month to get. Good service.

Last Edited: