Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

TROMIX 375 SOCOM

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by edslhead, Jun 12, 2016.

1. edslhead

edslhead Vanc Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

Got one a the 375 uppers from Tromix. Fit and finish is pretty good! They shipped it fast, couple a days and it was here. Put a light hand guard from Gibbz on it and am using my SW base for it. With scope an mag its just over 9 lbso_O.
    They have the dies for 375 there, so I got that with the upper. You can neck down 458's if you need to. I ordered the brass from SBR, save some work. No crimp on the dies so I may see if Lee cant make one. The rounds look like a pregnant 223:p. I loaded the first ones with 47 gr RE15 and a Sierra 200gr pro hunter. We'll see how they work. Tromix says any steel mag will work but the 450 Bushmater mags seem to keep the rounds centered better than 223 mags.
    I asked Tony how many of these are out there and he said he'd sold around 70 so far. Anyone else run across one yet?

IMG_0501_zpsrcts2bm9.jpg

IMG_0505_zpsjveekgn3.jpg

IMG_0506_zpswcdnnuqh.jpg

IMG_0507_zpslyuwz0tg.jpg

IMG_0504_zpsr4wamyuc.jpg

uscsoldier and v0lcom13sn0w like this.
  2. JustShoot

JustShoot Oregon . Hillsborito area Active Member

47 grn #15 ... nice , that sounds pretty Snappy ..
    what Vel. you getting on the 200 grn. prohunters ?

3. edslhead

I haven't got out to shoot the thing yet. I hope to get out later this week. The load chart i got from them shows it should be around 2300.

4. JustShoot

JustShoot Oregon . Hillsborito area Active Member

-
    2300 not bad . that should carry good ft/lb energy out 200 to 300 yard down range .
    not to say that several hundred ft/lb past 300 yrd. is not worthy, but Elev. drop holdovers are getting big past that .
    The Cal. 375 Tromix should hunt good for large game for short range, or Bang the steel target plates with authority .

edslhead likes this.
  5. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Well I'll come back when you get the exploding watermelon videos up:D
    Of both those big guns

edslhead likes this.
  6. edslhead

I got to find me a sale on melons:p

mjbskwim likes this.
  7. edslhead

Got out to shoot it today.200 gr sierras went 2044 with 47 gr RE15 and the 235 speer's went 1935 with 41 gr H4895 . Thing had plenty a kick and great sound:D Got a 3" group at 100 yrds, not so great but those damn bumblebees were after me:p. Got a melon out and let er have it.

IMG_0509_zps0bvn4svs.jpg

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    NWCustomFirearms and mjbskwim like this.