JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am getting a day off work and decided to go fishing down the road at the Trojan pond outside Rainier. I haven't gone fishing in years and really don't want to start off on the wrong foot. What the scoop on fishing there?

If you catch one that looks like this, throw it back.

th?id=OIP.sd1WRICzxNqm_mOSOsEq0AEsCS&pid=15.1&P=0&w=309&h=152.jpg

5 fish as normal. Park is still closed, but plenty of parking on the street. I took my daughter there the other week and noticed it got pretty busy after noon. If you have a float tube or paddlecraft, they're OK.

Fish will hit powerbait, but small spoons/kastmasters seem to be more productive.

5 fish as normal. Park is still closed, but plenty of parking on the street. I took my daughter there the other week and noticed it got pretty busy after noon. If you have a float tube or paddlecraft, they're OK.

Fish will hit powerbait, but small spoons/kastmasters seem to be more productive.
Thank you. I plan to be there at day break Friday and have my coffee watching the sun rise.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews