JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I want to get a decent trigger for my AR build. I have the LPK but without trigger. Don't want to spend a ton. Want to have something decent. Lets say $100 - $200 cost range for the trigger.

Going on a 300blk. Looking for a reliable AR, not necessarily long range, precision, match grade stuff. Jut reliable, and decent.

Check out the Ruger 452 (two-stage) or 451 (single-stage). Bought two 452s for my 7.62X40 and .300AAC. Really happy with them. Buds Gun Shop sells them for $108. Find one locally and check it out. Ruger sells them installed in a fire-control housing so you can try before you buy. They also come with a nice pistol grip and a safety lever.

Right to Bear Arms has these on sale again. I like em. I've bought two.

Enhanced Nickel Teflon Trigger Assembly
Intro Price $39.99
http://www.righttobear.com/Enhanced-Nickel-Teflon-Trigger-Assembly-p/enta-01.htm

ENTA-01-1.jpg

Highlights:
All components are machined and heat treated to Mil-Spec
Mil-Spec geometry and reliability maintained
Trigger sear surfaces are polished before heat treatment
Proprietary Nickel Teflon Finish
Nickel Teflon is lightly buffed, giving the trigger a grit free pull and crisp break without compromising the base metal
Springs are hand selected to produce a 5 to 5 1/2 Pound Trigger Pull
Comes With:
Trigger
Hammer
Disconnector
Trigger and hammer pins
Trigger, hammer, and disconnector springs

Geissele triggers are about the best you can get if you like a two stage I payed around 200 for my ssa-e but they have the basic Geissele 2 stage that can be had for under 150 on sale.

HOLY COW. There are lots of choices. That is why I thought I would ask. Thanks guys for narrowing it down. I will look into these.

I agree with Ron that a two stage trigger is the better way to go.

There are so many good two stage options out there, that it would be very hard for you to go wrong. I got one of the simple modular types that was super easy to drop in and install. I put the model TR-TTU-M2 from Wilson Combat in my two AR's. However, they were still selling for under $200 when I got mine. Now their MSRP is all the way up to $270

I am always amazed how a fine honing stone and and using my wife nail buffer can get a way better pull on my mil spec trigger. My wifes nail buffer is one of those things that can make your fingernails look mirror like. The buffer goes the same for shining up the trigger sear as well. I have done it, it works.

I guess i'm one of those weird birds...i really like the mil-spec trigger on my AR.
It's from a CMMG lower parts kit. I've had others who have shot my rifle say they liked it as well. It has no slop...virtually no take-up and a very crisp reset you can hear and feel. And it breaks like glass.
I was planning on changing it when I was building this AR but after shooting it i'm glad i didn't order a new trigger during the build phase.

You can pick up an RRA National match trigger on eBay for about $75. I have one and like it better than any mil spec trigger I have shot. I haven't had the good fortune of trying any of the others mentioned to compare it to though.

CMC 3.5# flat bow FTW.
Granite Ridge $141 with promo.
I bought one for a lower dollar alternative to the Geissele I already have.....felt like a sucker for even buying a Geissele

Brimstone Gunsmithing in Amboy, WA makes their own triggers, and they put one in my Aero lower last year. Very short take up and crisp break , I would say 5 pounds of pull but feels like nothing.
I want to say it set me back $90 installed. Well worth it.
My buddy won a 2 stage high end trigger from a 3 gun event and dropped it in his rifle. Its OK, but he has even mentioned mine is nicer.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top