JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did my first Practical Rifle event this month at Tri County Gun Club, very fun. February is the annual Sniper Competition. For those of you that have done the Sniper event before, could you post up how it works?

Round Count?
Will targets ranges be known or unknown?
Equipment needed other than rifle... Spotting Scope, etc.

Thanks!

Round count at the last match was under 40...I usually bring 100.
Stages vary but max distance is 600yds, min distance at the last match was about 40 yds. Targets vary from steel plates, geometric shapes on paper, round black on white paper, hanging tennis balls, bowling pins, eggs on golf T's, etc. From time to time they'll throw in a mover. Know your DOPE on ranges as short as 20yds out to 600.-read that last bit to yourself about twenty times! All targets at the last match were known distance but I range my own..if allowed.
Shooting positions vary but in the past they have had targets at 400 yds and allowed the shooter to pick the position. Most points go to standing, then kneeling , then sitting and lastly prone. In the last match there was a stage with an unconventional shooting position that could be shot with shooting sticks or a monopod. A few people scrounged for tree branches and improvised!
I bring a rangefinder, monopod, shoulder bag with rifle rest and waterproof clothing.
I'll post more in a while...

Do they allow non-members to participate? I live over 100 miles from there so membership isn't really practical. But i could arrange a trip to visit my mother-in-law on the event weekend. I tried looking in their website but the calendar and many other pages require "authentication"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top