JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello All

I'm looking for some advice on travel trailer options. I'm looking for a bumper pull bunkhouse around 28 feet living area. The problem I run into is nothing but bad reviews on what seems like everything. It looks like Thor and Forest river pretty much own 90% of companies.

Is it possible to get a decent travel trailer anymore :eek::eek:

Jayco are the ones we are looking at. From all the research I have done and with the help of Kruel J they have the best ratings and are not way over priced.

If your looking for a bunkhouse then look on RVtrader.com they have new and used ones and when we were looking it seemed that bunkhouses were way more available than the ones with out which we are looking for.

I have a new 2018 jayco. Toyhauler It is also junk. Really bad manufacturing flaws. Dealership is always booked up so warranty work is hard to get done. I think all rv manufactures lack quality control. Plus most trailers are built with wood and plywood and stapled together. Bad combination for something that gets drug down the hiway for thousands of miles over bad roads. I pretty much have fixxed many of the flaws myself. Just because it was easier than taking it to dealership a company called livinlite has some trailers that have aluminum framed walls and aluminum floor I was looking at those before I bought a jayco. I would have bought the livin lite. But the local rv dealer had sold it by the time I was ready to purchase it

Last Edited:
Wd had a Jayco and liked it. We now have an Outdoors RV. It costs a little more than Jayco, but we consider it well worth the little extra. Made in La Grande and that is all they make.

Walked through A BUNCH then stumbled across an Outdoor RV dealer. Once looking at everything, the construction was significantly better. Double pane windows. 80 gal fresh water, two (2) 45 gal grey water, and 45 gal black. The queen bed is an actual serta matress. Huge bunks. Full size porcelain toilet! Large size RV fridge and the large stove are standard. Plus a ton bunch more stuff. Absolutely love it and if you were close i'd have no problems walking you through it.

I have owned a couple of travel trailers and in my opinion the best bang for the buck is the Jayco line. Other than that you need to step up to an airstream in my humble opinion. The Jayco 27BH is the model that we most recently had and although it had issues like all travel trailers they seem to be pretty minor. Good luck!

I have owned a couple of travel trailers and in my opinion the best bang for the buck is the Jayco line. Other than that you need to step up to an airstream in my humble opinion. The Jayco 27BH is the model that we most recently had and although it had issues like all travel trailers they seem to be pretty minor. Good luck!

Ageed. 2010 Jayco 27BHS is what we traded in. It was good and i dont remember any "real" issues. MUCH happier with the Outdoors RV, Mountain Series, 27 BHS though. ;)

If you are looking, i'd recommend at least looking.

As mentioned, we looked at a bunch of different ones. My wife walked into this one and refused to look any further. We did look at some other ones but nothing compared.

As mentioned, if you were close i'd give you a walk through "tour". :s0155:

If you are looking, i'd recommend at least looking.

As mentioned, we looked at a bunch of different ones. My wife walked into this one and refused to look any further. We did look at some other ones but nothing compared.

As mentioned, if you were close i'd give you a walk through "tour". :s0155:

Where is the outdoors dealer at. The wife and I are still looking. And how much more are they over the Jayco?

Happy jayco owner here. One thing that I liked about the jayco was the 2 year warranty instead of the one year. To date no real problems with it and I have used it a ton as I travel for work. ymmv

Where is the outdoors dealer at. The wife and I are still looking. And how much more are they over the Jayco?

Apache RV is an autorized dealer. I know they have a lot of Outdoor RV's on their lot, but seeing the 27BHS is hit & miss because it is so popular. I want to say that that the Outdoors RV 27BHS was about $3-$4k more than the equivilant Jayco. But it was worth it.

If you are close to Vancouver i have no problem giving you a walk through if Apache doesn't have one. I know your rep on here and wouldn't have a problem with it. PM me if you want.

Apache RV is an autorized dealer. I know they have a lot of Outdoor RV's on their lot, but seeing the 27BHS is hit & miss because it is so popular. I want to say that that the Outdoors RV 27BHS was about $3-$4k more than the equivilant Jayco. But it was worth it.

If you are close to Vancouver i have no problem giving you a walk through if Apache doesn't have one. I know your rep on here and wouldn't have a problem with it. PM me if you want.

I might do that when we get back from vacation. Appreciate the offer.

I could go on with more reasons but unsure of keeping this thread going on this model. Let me know and i'll keep going.

Disclaimer: I AM NOT AN RV SALESMAN AND HAVE NOTHING VESTED IN OUTDOORS RV OTHER THAN RESEARCHING AND BUYING ONE. LOL :)

There's a listing for a 2018 Jayco 28' bunkhouse trailer on PDX Craigslist.

00A0A_beHjJp5S2Ax_600x450.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top