JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have not found an answer to my question. If I have a transfer in the wait and it has not been completed by 12/8, what is the outcome ?

Am I out of a gun and my hard earned money ?

Thanks

Last Edited:
I'm in the same boat. I have to pick up two stripped lowers tomorrow and join the BGC parade.
Does anybody know if we can still pick up the gun after three days if it's before 12/8?

You are not out your gun or your money. You are still going to process, however to receive your firearm you will need to present a permit to purchase which requires jumping through all the hoops needed to be granted one. If you do not retrieve your firearm by 11:59PM on 12/7/22, you will no longer be able to acquire without a permit to purchase, that's it. that's the only difference. Well, unless that firearm would have come with magazines of greater than 10 rounds capacity. Then you will have a firearm with no magazines.

I have heard, but not seen first hand, that OSP has publiclly stated that anyone in the FICs system prior to 12/8 will get their firearm under the current rules/laws regardless of when its completed. Any submissions after that date will have the new unconstitutional laws applied.

I have heard, but not seen first hand, that OSP has publiclly stated that anyone in the FICs system prior to 12/8 will get their firearm under the current rules/laws regardless of when its completed. Any submissions after that date will have the new unconstitutional laws applied.
Because that sounds fair and reasonable I wouldn't bet on it. Probably still keep the thousands OSP couldn't clear by 12/8 shut out until they get a permit months later.

I have not found an answer to my question. If I have a transfer in the wait and it has not been completed by 12/8, what is the outcome ?

Thanks
This is what my Magic 8-Ball tells me:

1668778342200.png

Last Edited:

Thanks
Assuming no relief from the courts, you will have to get your permit to purchase or make arrangements with your FFL to return it, sell it, etc.

Basically you are SOL if you do not get an instant approval. It sucks because a lot of companies charge restocking fees.. On Dec 8th if you are still in the que you will have to complete the permit process in order to resume your background check being processed. essentially everybody is gonna get a " hold" and will resume once you have proof that you completed the permit process. I am not sure what will happen to the people that are in the que but no longer want their item because they do not want to get a permit. One would hope that your FFL would reimburse you or send your item back to sender for a refund. Again a lot of places charge 10-30% restocking fee. If you have a good local shop hopefully they are as fed up with 114 as you are and Wave the fee for you. Does OSP Just get to keep everybody's money? OSP should reimbursing anyone who no longer wishes to complete their transfer because of 114. That $10 you paid helped contribute to this mess I say give the people back their money. My background check is just that a background check. My $10 was not designed to be used as funding for an unconstitutional bill.

Yer fkd per OSP until you get a permit and become one of the first people on a public searchable database.

Kotex; I'll take 'Denial of Constitutional Rights' for $800.

Thx.

69F68A8D-F6EE-4F52-9B76-6F15084AFDF8.jpeg

There will be no injunction, you guys are kidding yourself. The judge in this case is a lifelong democrat living in Portland who received her law degree from UC Berkeley. Her circle of friends/colleagues in Portland are extreme leftists and possibly even communists (I know I live in the city).

Yes she was appointed by Trump but all that proves is that Trump was a moron in his appointment of her. I'm sure someone well connected handed him a list and he rubber stamped it while eating a cheeseburger.

My question is will they still sell me my gun without the magazines ? i will jump through the new triple background check red tape like the rest of you but I have a Springfield xdm elite 10mm on order that is 15+1. I already purchased backup magazines so if they sell me the gun without the mags I will lose $100 but at least not have my 2nd amendment stripped from
Me entirely.

My worry is they will cancel all gun sales if it has a magazine over 10 rounds which is probably 75% of all modern handguns (really only revolvers and 1911s have less than 10 round magazines these days).

Der Staatzpolizei is openly admitting planning on violating not only the 2nd Amendment (obviously), but also the 4th Amendment (this is essentially an unreasonable seizure) and the rule against Ex Post Facto laws (article I, section 10, USC). Is anyone talking about the possibility of a Class Action Lawsuit? Because this has all the makings for such an action.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top