JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Looking to buy or trade for a complete glock 26 slide. Have a Glock 27 Gen 3 slide which has <600 rounds through it that I want to trade. The sub compacts lower frames are identical between the 26 and 27 which means the upper slides are interchangeable. Looking for someone that wants to trade their 26 slide for a 27 slide, I'll throw in some 40SW mags. No issues with 27 slide, has night sights. Only reasoning for this on my part is I started reloading for 9mm.

mowmer, the frame is the same on a 26 and 27, but the entire lower part is not.
The ejector is not the same. To be fair, what you are trying to do will probably work with a fairly high rate of reliability, but I thought it fair to let you know they aren't the same.
They are both designed to hit the edge of the spent casing, but if you put a 26 on top of a 27, it may occasionally miss the casing because the diameter of the 9mm casing is less than of the .40 casing.
I definitely would not recommend doing it but if it's for the range only, it's probably less of an issue. I definitely wouldn't trust this as a carry gun.

Message me if you want me to explain it more to you. I'm a glock armorer.

Why not just snatch up a lone wolf 9mm for that bad boy. You would then have the 40 and 9
Lone wolf does sell their own manufactured glock 26 slides but I haven't found any feed back from anyone on how good (reliable) they are. Not looking for just the barrel/ejector conversion as I want to keep everything OEM.
Wouldn't it have been easier to start reloading .40?
Not really, new dies, brass, bullets and developing new loads. G26 slide is one and done.
The ejector is not the same. To be fair, what you are trying to do will probably work with a fairly high rate of reliability, but I thought it fair to let you know they aren't the same.
Correct/Thanks for adding that. If I do have issues changing ejectors shouldn't be that big of a deal. G26 slide/G27 frame, 9mm ejector and 9mm mags and the gun should run. Going the other way, G27 slide/G26 frame, 40SW ejector and 40SW mags. Right?

Correct/Thanks for adding that. If I do have issues changing ejectors shouldn't be that big of a deal. G26 slide/G27 frame, 9mm ejector and 9mm mags and the gun should run. Going the other way, G27 slide/G26 frame, 40SW ejector and 40SW mags. Right?

What is your purpose for it? If just plinking, you could swap the barrel and see how well it works for you. I'd still be cautious about that for a carry gun. Worst case scenario, get a 9mm ejector (not extractor, they are not the same).

As for putting a 27 slide on a 26 frame, never heard of anyone doing it, but I don't see any reason that couldn't work like you said.
Also, as caprioni said, other manufacturers make conversions, but I'd say you're smart to stay with Glock. (I might be biased :) )
The one conversion (as you may know) that is easy is 357 sig. 40 to 357 is just a barrel swap and you're good.

They are both designed to hit the edge of the spent casing, but if you put a 26 on top of a 27, it may occasionally miss the casing because the diameter of the 9mm casing is less than of the .40 casing.
I definitely would not recommend doing it but if it's for the range only, it's probably less of an issue. I definitely wouldn't trust this as a carry gun.

Isn't the locking block on the 27 frame larger/incompatible with the 26 upper/barrel?

What is your purpose for it? If just plinking, you could swap the barrel and see how well it works for you. I'd still be cautious about that for a carry gun. Worst case scenario, get a 9mm ejector (not extractor, they are not the same).

As for putting a 27 slide on a 26 frame, never heard of anyone doing it, but I don't see any reason that couldn't work like you said.
Also, as caprioni said, other manufacturers make conversions, but I'd say you're smart to stay with Glock. (I might be biased :) )
The one conversion (as you may know) that is easy is 357 sig. 40 to 357 is just a barrel swap and you're good.
This would be a carry gun, which is why I want a OEM slide. Purpose is for commonality between all my glocks (which are all 9mm). Magazines, some parts and ammo (easier for me to reload for one caliber then two or more). I personal see no advantage of staying with 40SW or switching to 357sig (costs are more and no real increase in terminal performance). Right now the G27 is the odd ball in my collection.

I'm not an attorney, but I would just use it as it is. Buy the caliber I want and use it that way.
I don't wanna find out that some lawyer wants to use it being modified against me or some crap.
But if you set it up that way and it works for you, (legal disclaimer: This is not legal advice. :)) go for it.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top