JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
That is the question.
No I am not speaking of my ancestry, rather should I fully polish my smith 627pc?
I have done some polishing to embellish. Around the notches on cylinder on the front of the cylinder and front of the bore. I also polished the hammer, trigger, and cylinder release. But want to know if I should go ahead and polish the whole shebang?
What do y'all think? IMG_0024.JPG
FYI, where it looks like I missed a spot on the trigger, it is just graphite lube working its way out... my ego forces me to state thus.....

Last Edited:
You want contrast. Otherwise it looses something. So a mix of matte and polished will look better than all or the other. Just my .02

How does she shoot?

You want contrast. Otherwise it looses something. So a mix of matte and polished will look better than all or the other. Just my .02

How does she shoot?
Thank you for your opinion. I kinda agree with you, just haven't seen any fully polished performance center revolvers out there.
She shoots beautifully. I slicked up the action as well when I brightened her up.

I had a friend that spent a couple weeks polishing a paintball gun and you could see yourself like a mirror - it was crazy awesome.

That said, as soon as you touched it or used it, you could see every little smudge or spec of dust on the thing.

I had a friend that spent a couple weeks polishing a paintball gun and you could see yourself like a mirror - it was crazy awesome.

That said, as soon as you touched it or used it, you could see every little smudge or spec of dust on the thing.
Can't think of a better way to know whether someone has fondled your gun or not !

All polished is nice when it's clean all the time. Otherwise it looks smudgy too me, like car windows after your dogs been looking out them:eek:
I agree with you here. I like the look of polished but know it leaves smudges like crazy. I'm a little prissy about my firearms so I know it would bother me. But I figure if it does I can just have it beed blasted again..... I may regret it though.

I have always wanted to buy a beater Ruger sp101, smooth all the edges down and then polish it like this one.

IMG_0427.JPG

IMG_0428.JPG

I have an sp101 but it is the Talo edition. It would look awesome polished but I am going to start carrying it once I get a holster.

This is what mine looks like, I like it way better than the standard sp101.

IMG_0429.JPG

Frankly I think that revolvers look better with a little bit of grunge like yours. They are tough guns and the look is part of the feel. a super shiny revolver would make a great decoration, but for a working gun that will be shot, the grunge fits in.

I really dig the full polish look, the SP101 is the best looking of its kind that I have seen. But it puts them into BBQ gun category as the maintenance increases.

Well folks. It seems, I know better than all of you....
3E035F22-7F37-4A4E-A380-EAE74E2D920C.jpeg A97AC950-F984-44E0-AFA5-BC2BE4B061B3.jpeg Ok, so I am not the perfect example of what a thread starter should be.
I ask the peeps opinion on a subject then totally disregard the overwhelming majority's sound advice.
I couldn't help myself.

All it took was a jar of mother's mag polish, a bag of rags and 2 seasons of The Walking Dead.

Last Edited:
I have always wanted to buy a beater Ruger sp101, smooth all the edges down and then polish it like this one.

View attachment 391382

View attachment 391383

I have an sp101 but it is the Talo edition. It would look awesome polished but I am going to start carrying it once I get a holster.

This is what mine looks like, I like it way better than the standard sp101.

View attachment 391384
The softer look to the sp101 does lend itself to polishing.
I think you should polish it...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews