JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Took the old 721 apart last night to replace the trigger, good thing, the darned thing had to big chips out of it, leaving the middle 1/3 usable. I had noticed a click, click, when i first pulled the trigger. It was mentioned to give it a bath in the sonic cleaner and it would probably be ok. Nope! So, i ordered the 510 ''thin'' trigger, it was here in 2 days. Took the 721 down, pulled the old trigger out, slipped the new on in, good fit, except it rubbed on the tang of the receiver a bit. More on that later. So, i tried to put it into the stock, no go, no way, no how. See some dents/scratch marks, on the wood inside, take a small flat file, and start filing on the inside of the stock, graduating to one of the wife's flexible nail files. Those baby's work great on stock wood!! Then, broke out the 5/16 chainsaw file, for the rounded area's.

Then, fit, file, fit, file, fit, file. Till it pretty much slid right into the stock, safety worked, but, is a little sticky for now, might do a little filing on the leg of the safety, not much, just to break the finish, its really close to being golden. Took it out and did a little more work on the wood, then set the back lash on the trigger, then turned it down to 2 lbs on the pull, and it consistently worked perfect, with no safety problems at all. It took a while, maybe an hour and a half, but, considering the original trigger is junk, was money well spent. And, i'll probably do it to my other 721 very soon.

image.jpeg Can someone help me with posting a picture using my iPad
Thank you.

Hay I actually did it myself!!:):):)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany