JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
No spring chicken, I was already fully retired from a 40 year career with DOD when I settled in the Pacific Northwest a decade ago. A google hit brought me to NWFA, and I signed up in 2013 after visiting the site became a daily habit. Apparently I'd lurked so long that I just slipped into posting without ever introducing myself.

So finally, Hello! My name is Gary and I . . . own some guns.

I've been a hunter since age nine and gun owner since age eleven, so firearms have long been just a part of life. When I enlisted at age nineteen, firearms became just another part of the job. At age thirty, when that job had me carrying a concealed handgun both on-duty and off, firearms became an ever-present fact of life. Since two small sons were also ever-present by then, I was intensely motivated to learn all I could about safe handling, carrying, and storage of firearms. I've had no bad experiences to share in that regard . . . knock on wood.

I have qualified Expert often enough, but I have never been an "expert" about firearms. I try to learn from those who are.

I have admired and even had opportunity to shoot some fine antique firearms, but I have never collected or even owned any such beauties. I'm in awe - even envy - of those who do, and who know so much about them. Keep those posts coming.

I have fired plenty of rounds in practice, but never once with life or death in consequence. Among the contributors here are some who have, and they have lessons to teach. I am still intensely interested to learn.

15219631_10207414765588094_2933655970995817427_n.jpg

Great having you here. I'm really liking how this feature is causing everyone to engage.

Hope to see you at a Trash No Land cleanup sometime.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top