JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just got my Tikka T3X CTR in 6.5 Creedmoor last week and got a chance to go shooting last weekend. They just came out with a 24in barrel version so I swooped one up online and had it shipped to my local FFL. Put a Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 scope mounted in Seekins Rings and a Harris BiPod and its a tackdriver! Was thinking I "needed" to put this in a chassis that costs almost as much as the gun, but the way it shoots I'm going to spend the money on ammo. The following pic is in the first 10 shots of the rifle right after the zeroing shots. Using Hornady 140gr match.

tikka ctr 2.jpg tikka ctr.jpg

Most of the modern brakes are pretty solid I honestly run a can on all my precision rifles. One thing you might do is consider which suppressor you would like and get a brake that is compatible with that suppressor.

Just got my Tikka T3X CTR in 6.5 Creedmoor last week and got a chance to go shooting last weekend. They just came out with a 24in barrel version so I swooped one up online and had it shipped to my local FFL. Put a Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 scope mounted in Seekins Rings and a Harris BiPod and its a tackdriver! Was thinking I "needed" to put this in a chassis that costs almost as much as the gun, but the way it shoots I'm going to spend the money on ammo. The following pic is in the first 10 shots of the rifle right after the zeroing shots. Using Hornady 140gr match.

View attachment 342801 View attachment 342802
How are you liking this? I just ordered a stanless ctr 24"

Tikka CTR still going strong. Have about 300 rounds down the tube and still shooting great. I upgraded Optics to the razor gen ii which really helps make it a joy to shoot at distance. Also put an Area 419 hellfire brake on. Still just shooting factory ammo. Got to take my first elk last fall with it on a spike only hunt.
20180404_145213.jpg 20181231_143922.jpg 20181030_172237.jpg 20181103_131533.jpg

Yeah booooooooyyyyyyyyy!! :s0155:

I bought a stainless steel T3xCTR in .308 last December.... haven't even shot it yet, still saving up for the Leupold scope in FFP.

7584E830-2764-4BD7-A990-1E8B776957AB.jpeg

With an upcoming trip to Australia, it's looking like I won't get an opportunity until the end of March or beginning of April to put the first rounds through it.... :s0058:

Tikka CTR still going strong. Have about 300 rounds down the tube and still shooting great. I upgraded Optics to the razor gen ii which really helps make it a joy to shoot at distance. Also put an Area 419 hellfire brake on. Still just shooting factory ammo. Got to take my first elk last fall with it on a spike only hunt.
View attachment 543229 View attachment 543230 View attachment 543231 View attachment 543234[/QUOTE
Did it drop the elk? I ordered the ctr for long range gong shooting and deer my custom 28 nosler is a little much for deer with the 195 Berger's

View attachment 543229 View attachment 543230 View attachment 543231 View attachment 543234

Nice!! I have the same one Stomper has. Brought it Elk hunting last season. What Ammo did you use?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top