JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK....so I'm looking for a gun show near to Vancouver, WA and I have found three choices for this weekend. The question is, "Which one?"

Deschutes County Fair Grounds
Redmond, OR

Expo Center in Portland, OR

or

Vancouver Gun Show at the Vancouver/Clark Co. Fair Grounds.

Ooops.......and I forgot about the one at the Nat. Guard Armory near PDX. Anyone want to chime in?

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Expo was a bomb last time I went but that was a few years ago, plus by the time I paid for entrance, parking and FFL transfer to WA it was impossible to find a "bargain".

I've been to one Redmond show. It was PACKED!! Lots of good stuff if you could get to it. More akin to an older type of show. The only reason I haven't gone back is time and distance, not because of the show.
Gave up on Expo shows a few years ago. Too much non-gun crap and too many new-gun dealers. If we want to see new guns we'll just go down the street to AFT or Keith's and save about $30 and the hassles of parking. The only way I would go back is if I were a serious buyer for something I knew I could get there and not elsewhere.
The Jackson Armory show is great if you are looking for old-time gun show type stuff. Not many Glocks or AR's and no new-gun dealers at all. It is put on by The Oregon Arms Collectors and is a fun show. You can learn a lot there if you just ask.

FYI- @LuckySG will be at the Expo show this weekend sellin' his 2A wares (and I don't mean underwear's).... ;)
I always have some deals for those that identify as forum members. Looks like I am on the side wall past the office 5 or 6 tables and for the remaining month I will eat any card fees and pay your background check. This in addition to the "I voted" discount on all firearms. It is also a good opportunity if you want to drop off something to be cerakoted, especially if you are across the stream. Still 2-3 day turnaround. Anyone interested in the O-Meals let me know if you want me to bring you some, not enough table room this weekend to set them out. $5 each or 3 for $10.

Expo was a bomb last time I went but that was a few years ago, plus by the time I paid for entrance, parking and FFL transfer to WA it was impossible to find a "bargain".
The last two have had a good mix of stuff, fewer people so I expect some folks engage in a conversation on pricing. If you stop by @Joe13 I have something for you and you won't need to wait until Christmas.

OK....so I'm looking for a gun show near to Vancouver, WA and I have found three choices for this weekend. The question is, "Which one?"

Deschutes County Fair Grounds
Redmond, OR

Expo Center in Portland, OR

or

Vancouver Gun Show at the Vancouver/Clark Co. Fair Grounds.

Ooops.......and I forgot about the one at the Nat. Guard Armory near PDX. Anyone want to chime in?

Aloha, Mark
I agree. Any show that Lucky Sptg(post 6 & 7 above) Goods is at he will do right by you. I find that the rural gun shows have more interesting items as the locals are more gun-friendly. Canby, Hillsboro, Albany etc. My favorite one though is the one down in Rickreall OR, west of Salem. 4x a year, always busy, always full. My 2 cents.

My friend from Hawaii was in town. He has never been to the Portland Gun Show. So, we ended up there. Thanks everyone.

Aloha, Mark

Kind of spendy, but you can spend a lot more doing other stuff. And walking around looking at guns and gun stuff isn't a bad way to spend a couple of hours.

Gotta' say though, when they took away the BiMart discount I think I've only been to one other at the EXPO.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top