JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I needing to have my 10/22 stainless bull barrel threaded, I think to 1/2 x 29.
Can anyone recommend someone to do this in the Salem area? Not sure if I should go to a machine shop or a gunsmith, I would think it's more of a precision type milling required to stay alligned with bore.
Thanks in advance.

Not sure, I posted that off of memory, you're probably correct. I can get the specs from the dealer whose holding my CAN until the Form 4 comes back

Wow, thanks for the replies as well as the price range. I had no idea what it would cost. I just removed the barrel assembly and forgot that my bull barrel is not round, it's got many flat surfaces like a hexagon. Does this cause a problem for threading?

Wow, thanks for the replies as well as the price range. I had no idea what it would cost. I just removed the barrel assembly and forgot that my bull barrel is not round, it's got many flat surfaces like a hexagon. Does this cause a problem for threading?

Threading a barrel is done in a lathe. The flats shouldn't be a problem on a
straight turn and thread operation. If there is crowning work involved,
then a sleeve might have to be used to support the barrel end in a steady
rest. No big deal.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany