JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I needing to have my 10/22 stainless bull barrel threaded, I think to 1/2 x 29.
Can anyone recommend someone to do this in the Salem area? Not sure if I should go to a machine shop or a gunsmith, I would think it's more of a precision type milling required to stay alligned with bore.
Thanks in advance.

Not sure, I posted that off of memory, you're probably correct. I can get the specs from the dealer whose holding my CAN until the Form 4 comes back

Wow, thanks for the replies as well as the price range. I had no idea what it would cost. I just removed the barrel assembly and forgot that my bull barrel is not round, it's got many flat surfaces like a hexagon. Does this cause a problem for threading?

Wow, thanks for the replies as well as the price range. I had no idea what it would cost. I just removed the barrel assembly and forgot that my bull barrel is not round, it's got many flat surfaces like a hexagon. Does this cause a problem for threading?

Threading a barrel is done in a lathe. The flats shouldn't be a problem on a
straight turn and thread operation. If there is crowning work involved,
then a sleeve might have to be used to support the barrel end in a steady
rest. No big deal.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show