JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Harbor freight, Lowe's, Home Depot, Amazon all sell thread gauges. That and a set of calibers will get you your thread information.

Do any of you guys know who might sell thread gauges for common muzzle threads?

Brownells? Anyone local?

Thanks,
Grizzly is where I got mine

There are only a few common muzzle threads in American guns. 1/2-28 and 5/8-24 being the most common. But you do see 9/16-24 on sometimes

Good luck on the euro stuff

I bought dies on ebay to clean up threads

Hall tool too.
If you don't know thread gauges, they only speak to the pitch or threads per inch (or MM), you mist measure the diameter to get the first #. Some plus or minus diameter fudge factor required for nut and bolt to actually fit together so in this case "close" actually works..
sans gauges, you can lay a ruler on it, and count the threads in something like a 1/4 inch space (1/2 X 28 would have 7 threads in a 1/4 inch) and multiply X 4 or what ever even # multiple of an inch you measured. you must know if they are metric or not.
Metrics add somewhat a challenge sometimes as some pitch are very close to American gauges so counting may not work. making it best to have the actual pitch gauges to insure there are no stacked tolerances

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top