JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So after converting my Savage 12 FV into a 6.5 Creedmoor, I was kind of missing having a bolt action .223. Wasn't really looking, but I found this rifle on the Classifieds at too good a price to pass up (Thanks, Rey!). It came into my FFL last week, but due to life stuff, I wasn't able to pick it up until yesterday. Haven't had the chance to shoot it yet, but I'm impressed with what I'm seeing so far. The 3 lug bolt makes for a nice short throw, with no danger of it banging into a scope. It's also a smooth operator. The bolt release is pretty slick, I seldom use a safety on a bolt gun, I usually single load, but I have no issue with the safety on the bolt. Guess it's an old Mauser design? The bore looked good in the borescope, definitely a lot better than my Savage, and I'll be interested to see if the 5R rifling makes a noticeable difference. The trigger seems pretty good too, on the heavy side but I can adjust that, a short take-up, then a fairly crisp break. I expect it to improve with use, this rifle came to me as NIB, and I believe it. General fit and finish seems good, especially for a rifle in this class, and although not the deep, rich bluing of earlier times, it's nicer than the usual rough Parkerized sort of finish normally seen these days. Last but not least, the Tupperware stock seems much stiffer than most, I'm thinking this rifle may just get left mostly as is. Will post more after getting a chance to actually shoot it, later.

Dave

I've got a similar one, mine is the "utility" no threaded barrel.
I found the trigger "adjustment" too stiff basically all lawyerd up not really much factory adjustment, so I was able to fix it if you want my fix pm me.
Very much a tackdriver.....
100yd five shot group with 40grain v-max loaded pretty hot. Pic attached

Happy shooting.
Matt

IMG_20201127_171721423.jpg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR