JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had to post this up.. if only for use of the phrase WAR WAGON!

A Louisiana sheriff plans to arm volunteers with shotguns, riot shields, batons, and a .50-caliber machine gun mounted on a "war wagon," as part of "Operation Exodus," a program to provide security in the event of a terrorist attack or civic unrest. "It's a calling," he says.

'Operation Exodus': Louisiana Sheriff Taps Locals For Emergency Security Plan

:buttrock:

The plan calls for the new recruits to be sent to protect food from grocery stores, gas from gas stations, and other crucial local resources, should the situation demand it.
???

Protecting food from grocery stores? I didn't know that the grocery stores were likely to attack the local food supplies.

Last Edited:
The U.S. Constitutions only reference to Law Enforcement is that "local problems will be addressed at local levels" and mandates that County Sherriffs will operate a jail. I bring this up because that Sherriff is utilizing his resources to address those issues he believes are important to his county. We can laugh at his volunteers but more sherriffs should be doing this or something like it. If 50% of all U.S. Counties were to have volunteer response teams similar to this, all the alphabet organizations would notice and it would have an impact.

So let's stop poking fun at our fellow Americans who are stepping up and doing something to prevent a Haiti/Chillie in there county.

SF-

The U.S. Constitutions only reference to Law Enforcement is that "local problems will be addressed at local levels" and mandates that County Sherriffs will operate a jail. I bring this up because that Sherriff is utilizing his resources to address those issues he believes are important to his county. We can laugh at his volunteers but more sherriffs should be doing this or something like it. If 50% of all U.S. Counties were to have volunteer response teams similar to this, all the alphabet organizations would notice and it would have an impact.

So let's stop poking fun at our fellow Americans who are stepping up and doing something to prevent a Haiti/Chillie in there county.

SF-

Ditto. I'm not as young or agile as I used to be, but I can still shoot straight and fast.

SF-

Lighten up. I'd be one of the geezers at the grocery store with my AR. I might be sitting in a lawn chair, but I'd be there.

Just curious. Which part of the U.S. Constitution makes the reference you're citing above? Which Article, Section, Clause?

Bean counter guy-

Thank you. For years I have been under the assumption (I know, I know assumption) that it was defined in the Constitution, but I understood it wrong. I was a Law Enforcement major in college (used to be called WOSC now WOU) and the history of the U.S. Sheriff was explained correctly but I had understood it as defined Constitution but it was the courts through out the years that had defined the role of the Sheriff via the 10th Amendment.

Thanks for making me do my home work and I stand corrected. I still support the Sheriff and his volunteers for what they are attempting to do.

SF-

Edit: I am going to leave the original post of my mistake so others can learn from it.

Thanks for making me do my home work and I stand corrected. I still support the Sheriff and his volunteers for what they are attempting to do.

Edit: I am going to leave the original post of my mistake so others can learn from it.

This is the kind of thing I respect. :s0155:

I only have one suggestion: Add a footnote to the erroneous post so folks will know the mistake as soon as they read it.

Funny, how time flies...........

Here's a hook to Don Pendleton, and his Mack Bolan series,

Back about 30-40 years ago.

Phenomenally great paperback trash reading,

No insult implied or expected.

<broken link removed>

Mind you, I'm not complaining.

Just to give credit where credit is due.

isher

Bean counter guy-

Thank you. For years I have been under the assumption (I know, I know assumption) that it was defined in the Constitution, but I understood it wrong. I was a Law Enforcement major in college (used to be called WOSC now WOU) and the history of the U.S. Sheriff was explained correctly but I had understood it as defined Constitution but it was the courts through out the years that had defined the role of the Sheriff via the 10th Amendment.

SF-

This is good stuff. I had the same misconception that you did, if it remains a misconception.

Without having time to research, I seem to recall that famous maverick sheriff in Arizona basically telling the Feds to go jump in a lake. ??

Anyone else recall that, or is my senility getting the best of me? Was it a different issue?

SF, I do admire your humility. It's refreshing. I could take some lessons from you. LOL. :s0155:

Cliff

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads