JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yes, Marge, even Social Security has armed agents now:

Article from AARP.org
Granny, get your gun? The Internet rumor mill has been buzzing in full force after the Social Security Administration posted notice of a recent ammunition purchase. Why would the agency responsible for pension and disability benefits need 174,000 hollow-point bullets?

Don't worry: The SSA isn't readying a militia. It is not — as the website Infowars.com suggested — preparing for "civil unrest," nor hatching plans to turn on America's senior citizenry. The bullets, it turns out, are for agents who investigate Social Security fraud. In a blog post, the agency noted:

Our investigators are similar to your State or local police officers. They use traditional investigative techniques, and they are armed when on official duty.

According to Jonathan L. Lasher of the SSA's inspector general office, these agents make arrests, execute search warrants and carry .357 caliber pistols. Most of the bullets — about 590 per agent for the upcoming fiscal year — will be used on the firing range.

Six hundred rounds per year for training, qualification and I would assume to carry on duty is not out of line at all," said John W. Worden, director of the University of Missouri's Law Enforcement Training Institute. "Hollow points are carried by law enforcement all over the country and are probably the preferred type of ammo no matter what caliber."

Because they expand when they enter the body, hollow-point bullets are known to cause more tissue damage than other bullets. But hollow-points are preferred for duty ammunition because they stop when they hit an object instead of passing through it and striking more objects.
Unquote.

Again, I ask, why the heck can't SS ask local leos or the FBI to help them with a warrent if they think granny's got a gun????? WTF!
I also wonder when SS investigators started carrying firearms?

Brutus Out
Don't know about you but I feel safer, already!:huh:

Hollow points for range use? Geez, no wonder the government is running trillion dollar deficits.

Well, Clearly AARP is a shill for the current administration so they put a positive spin on it and use the "hollow points don't over penetrate line. That was never the intent of HP ammo. (not saying there aren't frangible bullets HP to reduce penetration by design). But the original design was all about opening up a big ol' wound channel.
But what's good for the goose......

Brutus Out

Like everything else. Our government is on a spending spree with your tax dollars. Borrow more $ from China, put us deeper in debt, so they can continue wasteful spending. They are worse than my wife at a shoe sale.

Do you suppose that the large ammunition purchases and the shutting down
of the last lead smelter in the USA are connected in any way?? . . .

HHHHHHHHHHHmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!?!?!?!?

Sheldon

Like everything else. Our government is on a spending spree with your tax dollars. Borrow more $ from China, put us deeper in debt, so they can continue wasteful spending. They are worse than my wife at a shoe sale.

They are not even borrowing from China anymore.
China got smart and quit buying our bonds.
Most of the borrowing is from the (un)Federal Reserve via the QE - a program that if done by any other private entity would result in a massive wave of indictments, if the administration in charge was not the most corrupt in our lifetime (Nixon was a boy scout compared to this abomination)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top