JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
so i came across an old a little abused (stock condition) Savage 110 300 win mag wood stock with a nikon prostaff 3-9(?) hunting scope for about 200-230

should i get it ?
not familiar with this rifle

It's a utilitarian grade rifle. They shoot okay to well. They are generally fugly. But if you need a decent mag rifle, then that's a decent gun at a decent price.

A 110 Savage in .300 win mag should do pretty good for all your hunting needs and should be pretty accurate as well! Admittedly not the best looking rifle out there, but they do work very well for the intended purpose!

For about $125.00 you can put a really nice Boyds Walnut or Laminated stock on it and still be under the cost of a new one.

I'm a big Savage fan have been since the 60's They might not be the prettiest on the rack but the bore is one of the best off the shelf barrels you can find. I have had more Savages that are just plain tack drivers then any other brand rifle.

The only downfall to that rifle is it's going to kick like a mule. My buddy had the exact rifle and it kicked worse than any rifle I've ever owned. Good luck with it..

i was thinking about threading it and having a break put on ... or perhaps an omega

LMAO a 1200- suppressor on a 200- rifle that would be funny... na just a break or just keep it stock as a mean a#@ truck gun

That would be a mean azzed truck gun. It would be punishing on both ends...:D Really, though, for the price it's not a bad deal. Just be warned, it's going to kick like a mule....:eek:

Put a PWS FSC-30 brake on it. My AR10 feels like a 20ga, and i can repeatly shoot offhand with zero difficulty and no mule kick. It should make your new aquisition enjoyable to shoot.

i owned on in a 30.06 back in the day and it did kick like mule . I was talking to a old timer at a gun show and he said it had something to do with the stock design I don't know if he was right or wrong about it but like mentioned a new boyds stock would improve its looks and may help with the kick as well.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top