JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had one for the Glock 17 mags and it is a great gun. With GLock 33 rounders it's a nice reliable compact setup for sure. I actually broke mine while trying to spin the barrel in the lathe and ended up with a pile of parts that sat in the shop for a year before finally contacting Kel-Tec and telling them what I had done and asking if they could put it back to "as new" since I figured it would be cheaper than buying another.

They sent it back a new gun with only the lower (registered part) from the old bag of parts FREE OF CHARGE!!! even though I fully confessed to it being my stupidity that broke it.

Great customer service! I'd have another except I have an MP5 clone that has taken it's place.

I loved the concept, and just had to have one. However, I found the ergonomics very awkward. I'm a big guy with a big head, and it seemed that I really had to contort to get a good sight picture. That made it 'not fun' for me to shoot, so it went down the road.

Ah, I've been interested in these, too. A buddy here on the board has one in 9mm, Glock mags & maybe he'll bring it along when we hit English Pit next week..? HAH you know who you are, pal! The only issue he's mentioned is that his doesn't like to feed the last round of a 33 round mag, but he reckons it's a mag issue. I don't think he's had any issues with shorter mags. The ergonomics would prolly work better for me(?) I'm 5'7". It'll be fun to try out in any case. Heck ALL guns are fun to try out in any case :s0114:

I really like mine. I bought it LINB almost two years ago and initially had some feeding and jamming issues but after a little cleaning and polishing the feed ramp it runs flawlessly although it may not have been a problem with the gun but my ammo and/or the factory mag which was a cheap, all-plastic Glock imitation. As far as the ammo is concerned I was shooting light 9mm loads which did not properly cycle the action. A change to 5.5 grains of Unique with a 124 grain LRN bullet cycle perfectly and I bought a 'real' Glock mag for it and no feeding problems with it but they continued with the factory mag which KT took back and traded me out of for the accessory 1" stock extension which IS a necessity. I was going to sell mine but decided to keep it (and closed my ad). If you get one do not attempt to disassemble it without first downloading and reading the instructions! Reason being they are a very unique design and it is unlikely you would do it correctly without first studying the instructions regardless of how 'gun inclined' you may be which is one of the reasons I am now keeping mine IE. now I know how to disassemble it quickly and correctly. The sights leave a little to be desired but they are relatively simple and appear to be easy to modify. A simple mod to make the rear sight foldable is online. I have not yet done any serious benchrest testing of it's accuracy but I can bounce a beer can consistently at 75 + yards and some are reporting very good to excellent bench rest accuracy for something that should not necessarily be that accurate. Do not use Blazer aluminum cased ammo in it due to it's blowback design.

I've been thinking about one for a long time too. I've heard nothing but good things and the fact that it could share mags with a glock as your sidearm is really neat to have.

Resurrecting a thread, but it's mine so it's ok...

Went into Wild Bill's a couple weeks ago after shooting up at the Molalla gravel pit. They had just received two Sub-2000's in Glock 9mm. I couldn't resist the temptation, so I bought it (along with a 33 round mag). Then I was forced to buy a Glock 19 to go along with it a couple days later at Keith's, what with the LE discount and all... It was horrible.

Went up and shot it, the gun was as accurate as I am. Shot well, fed Remington UMC 110 gr FMJ's just fine, although the cases were pretty dirty compared to the Glock. I liked it so well that I took it back to Wild Bill's the next day... to have the pistol grip cut down to fit Glock 19 magazines.

What a great combination :)

Greg

I was camping with some friends over Memorial Day weekend and after a long quad ride on Sunday we we just loafing around camp an I walked out about 100 yards and set a can on a stump and said 'Hey would anyone be impressed if I hit it" Anyway the only gun I had was my Sub 2000 and I chambered one round and got into a relaxed setting position and after some settling down I touched off and the can went flying - I really did not expect to hit it but these things are accurate!

I have one in .40 (G22) configuration. It is a great concept and I admire a company that is willing to develope and manufacture interesting firearms and KelTec leads the pack in that regard, look how many have copied their pistols.

I have one in 40SW, and the only problem mechanically so far after after 4 years of hard use, is that the orange front sight gave up the ghost.
It must have been brittle, because it broke and flopped front to back, and then after more firing broke off in its little holder.
I replaced it with a slim piece of white nylon easy slide plastic, like what was once used for drawer center guides to slide on.

I like it and still have it.

Got my Sub 2000 back from Wild Bill's, they did a great job cutting the grip down to accept G19 magazines. Shoots just as well as ever, and I can change mags out with my carry gun! I'm having a slight problem with the sights, the front site ended up being in the bottom third of the front sight hood when sighted-in, which causes me to lose the outline of the rear peep sight (black over black). I'm thinking of painting a white ring around the rear peep so I don't lose it anymore. Probably going to get the butt extension too to improve ergonomics.

Still my favorite rifle!

Greg

Got my Sub 2000 back from Wild Bill's, they did a great job cutting the grip down to accept G19 magazines. Shoots just as well as ever, and I can change mags out with my carry gun! I'm having a slight problem with the sights, the front site ended up being in the bottom third of the front sight hood when sighted-in, which causes me to lose the outline of the rear peep sight (black over black). I'm thinking of painting a white ring around the rear peep so I don't lose it anymore. Probably going to get the butt extension too to improve ergonomics.

Still my favorite rifle!

Greg

Can you post pics of the modification? What did he charge you to do this?

Anyone have one? Like it? Looks like a cool weapon, would probable be pretty fun to shoot. I like the fold-up aspect of it too.

Any problems with them that anyone's aware of?

Greg

I have sold several, only prob I heard of was that when the last shot is fired, the bolt turns a bit to the inside (left). I hear over-weight folks are very succeptable to having a fold of flab caught by this action...

The front sight is defiantly the Achilles Heel of the rifle - but there are at least two mfg's that are making aftermarkets. Also many are retro fitting the High Point carbine front sight to the S2K and are very happy with the mod.

I'd like to try a SUB-2000. I got a Hi-Point, and it works great! so I'd get a 9x19mm that uses Glock Mags. I'd have 3 17-Rd Standard mags, and 2 33-Rd mags for "Assault" and Fun use. Since it's a 9x19mm, I won't expect it to do any more than 100 yards at most, if that.