JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Everything is imbued with weird, overly positive, "we're in this together, stay in your house" propaganda. It is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen, and one time I saw a police officer accidentally spray pepper spray into his own open mouth.

What else can we say,
but where all screwed together. Hahaha

i told my kids if i see one more hand holding commercial or guys kissing I'm gonna launch a rock through the tv screen.

I haven't had cable TV for years. Only Netflix and Amazon. TV at work is tuned in to either CNN or FOX and has the volume off, so never really pay attention to it.

A few weeks ago, I remember being super bored at work(nobody in the building except me and one other "essential" employee) and we turned the TV up and went to some "normal" channel like AMC or History to watch some sort of marathon. I think it was Raiders of the Lost Ark...

I was stunned at the constant commercials from corporations virtue signaling regarding the virus and how PC the ads were.

I feel sorry for folks that have cable and have to be bombarded by PC nonsense every few minutes.

What really sets me off are all the formerly forbidden topics that are now openly promoted and celebrated and we are expected to accept them as normal. It's not just commercials, but a lot of programing be it internet, t.v. or subscription services, were getting these immoralalities shoved down our throats and told to STFU and like it!

Dumbing Down of America !!!! It's been going on for quite some time now. !

And I fear its going to get worse as more and more of these little "uprisings" continue to be allowed to carry on. They need to be SQUASHED NOW !!!

Everything is imbued with weird, overly positive, "we're in this together, stay in your house" propaganda. It is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen, and one time I saw a police officer accidentally spray pepper spray into his own open mouth.
Just one after another. New chapter in our lives, reawakening, listen to big brother, etc

I'm sick of the constant barrage of "Social Distancing" propaganda, after almost THREE MONTHS. I get it, I live it, its pissing me off now! I love the freeway signs..."Stay Home/Save Lives", while were in heavy, slow traffic! Ad to that, the TV. Any news I happen to see, more than likely by accident, shows mobs of people all shoulder to should in the streets/parks. They ain't distancing? But potlanders don't seem to care?

And finally, all the people in their cars, alone. Or joggers/bicyclists, alone. They're wearing mask!. o_O In Winco the other day, as I was looking over the folks in the store, seemed most of them were adjusting their masks, with their hand, every 10-15 seconds.

Haven't paid for a TV subscription since I moved to my current abode in May of 2005. Been over 15 years now. Don't miss TV one bubbleguming bit...

I do not feel sorry for people who hate cable/dish reception because they can make a decision and CANCEL their service.

They have free will and can turn it all OFF with a click of the channel or stopping their services.

Hate commercials? Most of us do even with free OTA-over the air reception.

TURN it off, change the channel, MUTE it all and LOOK away from the screen.

They do not call it programming for NO reason.

Smoke and mirrors, social engineering and propaganda are put on the boob tube to further an AGENDA especially by specific groups.

THINGS that used to be considered verboten are PUSHED on children, teens and not only on adults.

Things that you would not want said to your children or parents at a dinner table, IF you even eat together, are now considered normal.

BLAME the people who promote this garbage and if YOU choose to eat garbage and put it in front of your eyes and listen to it with your ears... you made your choice and NO one forces you to TURN IT ON from the gitgo.

The STUPID commercials, most of the shows INCLUDING the SO CALLED NEWS (LOL) do have a huge agenda which is constantly shoved down viewers throats until they want to vomit or get even more riled up. They WIN and the viewers LOSE.

If you really want NO commercials and still have an OLD VCR machine (I do not have one any longer - not for close to 19 or so years now.), do what my late husband used to do. He recorded a FEW favorite shows or a movie off of the boob tube and fast forwarded through ALL of the commercials.

I do not know how those NEWER machines work for recording things. They work off of a dish or cable but they are NOT vcr machines where you buy blank video tapes from what I gather. I have NOT seen how they work in person either.

My neighbor has one and he told me that he likes it. I have not asked him to show it to me. He said that he is addicted to the boob tube and ENJOYS his shows. He is in his late 60's or almost 70 years old too. Old like my husband and I are.

Another old friend, middle to late 70's, told me that he USED TO HAVE all of those things and it was like having a zillion stations with NOTHING worthwhile to watch. He got rid of it all some time ago.

My older sister is addicted to the boob tube. It is really sad on how she used to record all of this STUFF and had PILES OF TAPES on hand but never caught up on her shows including soap opera stuff. Ugh!

My older brother, close to 79 years old, hates it all and does not LIKE 99% of the boob tube but HIS WIFE will not let him cancel it all. He goes into another room. LOL I can RELATE to that because I have done that too!

I like some of the PBS nature shows, some old westerns, some mysteries and I ADORE some British mystery and other British shows about castles, etc.

I make hot or iced tea, popcorn or coffee when PBS shows a commercial at the end of a show.

The VERA British mystery show is on right now as a repeat too. (1:35 AM)

My husband and I rarely have the boob tube on but when he sees a real piece of garbage COMMERCIAL - HE SCREAMS and talks back to it sometimes if he can't turn it off or LOWER the sound FAST ENOUGH!

Old Lady Cate

Last Edited:
Desensitizing.

^^^

THIS!

Side note:

And IF some of us dare to feel outraged or that some things are just wrong or outright LIES or even immoral in this day and age... some of us get called NAMES that are not so nice by the so called free thinkers who are anything but FREE unless we AGREE WITH THEM in all matters!

Cate

Haven't paid for a TV subscription since I moved to my current abode in May of 2005. Been over 15 years now. Don't miss TV one bubbleguming bit...

Good! I can relate to that in many ways too.

IT is a feeling of being FREE in my opinion. I realize that many people do NOT agree with me and that is OKAY too. To each their own!

When I moved out west deliberately with hardly any physical goods unless they FIT in my former SUV and former Coleman pop up camper - I took 2 small radios with me.

I gave away 3 portable televisions and 2 VCR recorders back east. This was years ago. I sold, gifted and donated a household of over 30 years of VERY nice things.
NOT hoarded stuff and my late husband and I were NOT packrats either. We had already been downsizing for a FUTURE RETIREMENT but it never happened for him at barely 56 years old. I was 51 years old.

If we do move where my MT husband and I are thinking about - I will get a PBS passport deal via a computer since there will be NO FREE TV - OTA reception there.

I have purposely lived with NO tv reception, NO radio reception - NO am/fm or shortwave unless I was in my SUV where I could pick up a am/fm station, NO telephone, NO computer hook up, and I finally did get an XM radio for when I camped, stayed in a tiny log cabin and I took it with me sometimes when I traveled. I lived like that with none of the electronic do dads for almost 7 months. I lived up there for an entire year. Camped and stayed in a tiny log cabin too. I screwed up my post.

I came into town and would use the library computer a few times. I used a BORROWED cellular telephone in town once in a blue moon too. The BORROWED cellular telephone would NOT work in the mountains butt up to wilderness where I did camp and rent a log cabin later on - on a private ranch. I screwed up my post here too.

I did get a landline and a DIAL UP computer connection with the land line TELEPHONE when I moved into a tiny log cabin.

I lived with NO tv reception as a Nam era USN bride in VA too. Beach cottage time! Maybe one station would come in from VA beach if the wind was right and if ALUMINUM FOIL was put on the b/w tv antenna! ZERO OTA free reception coming in from Norfolk or Ocean View.

After I moved to town, after a year of living butt up to a wilderness area, I lived with NO tv reception or barely one station (PBS) in one part of this college town due to the mountains. I was given FREE cable to try out and to buy for a LOW fee for a time frame in a brand new built apartment BEFORE I built this house but we cancelled that. WE did try it out a couple of times over a few years but we did NOT like it at all even at a dirt cheap - LOW price.

I bet that you READ A LOT and/or watch movies on and off. We had a larger collection but we donated a lot of movies/shows to our library. We got them dirt cheap and watched them a LOT for several years too. WE did keep specific movies here at home too.

I feel that a person has more balance and peace in their lives if they ENJOY NATURE, the outdoors, and have a lot of SILENCE in their lives too.

Take care.

Cate

Last Edited:
I bet that you READ A LOT and/or watch movies on and off. We had a larger collection but we donated a lot of movies/shows to our library. We got them dirt cheap and watched them a LOT for several years too. WE did keep specific movies here at home too.

I feel that a person has more balance and peace in their lives if they ENJOY NATURE, the outdoors, and have a lot of SILENCE in their lives too.
I do read some, but not as much as I would like. My reading tastes are rather eclectic.

My TV is hooked up to a Blu-Ray player and an old VHS machine (for movies that I've never replaced from VHS to DVD). I watch movies maybe 1 or 2 times a week.

I get out to the woods, the river, or the range at least once a week. I used to long-distance hike and backpack; downhill and telemark ski; climb rock cliffs, frozen waterfalls, and high mountains; and whitewater and sea kayak religiously. But now in my later years, I've taken to more serene forms of recreation, such as shorter backpack trips, scuba dive, more "flat-water" kayaking and competitive shooting for my communing with nature.

I live alone now, so I share a lot of thinking silence with myself when I'm not listening to my music collection...

^^^

Sobo,

Very good!

My reading tastes are eclectic too.

I used to talk OUT LOUD to myself on and off without realizing that I did it sometimes when I was alone as a widow. LOL

I always talked to my old dogs (Late dogs now.) so that was nothing new. I talked to my dogs all of my life!

We have a machine that plays dvd and blue ray discs.

Take care.

Cate

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top