JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My handle is Shurpok. It was given to me by transients in Olympia, Wa when I was working the bus depot. It's an unarmed security contract to discourage loitering. I would patiently listen to their life story, SURE, their current beef, NP, and then tell them, OK you gotta leave. Everyone, Every Day, same routine. They shortened it to Shurpok. No one remembered my real name, but Shurpok is unique. I've been around Guns since about 10 years old and turn 74 next month. Used to load spritzer boat tails to push out of a Remington.308. Looking to do some holy Bp reloading after feeding a repo navy arms .58 Zouave, and picked up a myoku Winchester 45-90 sharps. Cases on back order from star line, haunting sportsman's warehouse for large rifle primers. Looking forward to learning from y'all and I'll probably yarn about the mistakes I and or associates made as armed security guards, hunters or in the military. There was this time I was plinking with soldiers in the 242 Fallschirmjaeger Battalion, well you get the idea. Looking forward to hearing your stories and, hopefully, learning from them. Oh yea, heard about Northwestfirearms from my youngest (65) brother Clark.

Welcome, :)
WOW! 242 Fallschirmjaeger Battalion Got some history there. :s0001:
They started as light infantry in the Prussian Army about 1750. They fought against Napoleon at Waterloo, helped Bismarck unite the Germanies. First and Second World Wars, naturally. 80 of them jumped or glidered onto fortress Emmanuel and took it from 1500 defenders using shaped charges to get in. Later in the war, they jumped into Crete, wresting it from the Brits at a cost of 80% casualties. They spent the rest of the war as leg infantry on the East Front. When I knew them in the 1980s, they were tasked to NATO as a response force. They were mostly draftees who packed all their possessions in two duffles and went home every weekend, except one companie which had the duty. That meant a barracks was stripped down to bed frame and mattress which we used once a quarter for a scheutzenfest. We'd go down Friday morning and after lunch in the NCO heim shoot the G-3 (H&K 93 in NATO 7.62, out to 300 meters then use 25 meter ranges for the P-1 and G-1 machingewehr. Saturday morning, they shot US arms, m-16, M-60, USAF 38s and Army 45s. Saturday afternoon, we brought out personal weapons until the ammo ran out or the steaks were ready. After the US Army chose Beretta to replace the m-1911, I hustled down to Baumholder Rod & Gun and bought a model 92 SB for the princely sum of $268! It was hugely popular with the Germans and ate the 9mm para they used in their Uzis just fine. After much brew, they'd start singing, and to uphold our honor, unrehearsed and unprepared we'd make noise that vaguely like caissons or wild blue yonder. We Ami's received the Schutzenschnur in Gold, silver or bronze which was pretty hard to match. Top German shooter got an m-16 bayonet and lots of camouflage zippo lighters were handed out. Total cost for three days? $5 for food plus what ever personal ammo you brought. Good times!

Looking to do some holy Bp reloading after feeding a repo navy arms .58 Zouave, and picked up a myoku Winchester 45-90 sharps.
A Navy repro .58 Zouave - there is a rarity! I came close to buying a Navy Arms 1860 Henry rifle a few years ago!

Is your Miroku Winchester 45-90 sharps a 1886? Please post a pic and we look forward to a range report!

Welcome from Wickiup Junction, OR !

shooting.jpg

Last Edited:
It's an 1874 sharps style trapdoor with creedmore tang sight and liquid level out front. Still need to get/make shooting sticks cuz it weighs 13#. I'll post a picture as soon as my 11 year old granddaughter enhances my technical skills. Need an original plus four copies on onion skin on an underwood manual in 10 point? I'm your man. Cell phones not so much. I'm in search of an 1886 lever gun in 50-95. Sportsman's Warehouse lists them but are out of stock. They will e-mail notify when they are available thru on line ordering. Cabella's has them now for $200 more and without 15% discount at Sportsman's equals a $400 difference which would buy a nice chunk of ammo… if it were ever in stock.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

[Edit- We are doing non ODFW supported cleanups at public forests] - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

Welcome to The Board, the bestest li'l gun board there is!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top