Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

THE WORLD WARS

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sgt Nambu, May 28, 2014.

1. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I'm watching a new series on History Channel called The World Wars and it is an absolute hoot! The history part is ok but it was filmed by folks who have never so much as seen a cap pistol before! Briefly, so far I have seen a trench full of German troops using Enfields, Adolph Hitler (WW-1) fireing a Springfield then loading an Enfield and then fireing the Springfield again. Also a group of Doughboys fireing left handed Springfields! That's right! The images of all the scenes that I have mentioned have had the images reversed so I'm watching left hand Springfields, Enfields and Mausers (yes, there are a few Mausers). Hilarious!!!

2. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Did you notice the 1919 Browning being mounted in the car by Patton? How about thr cabinet radio behind President Wilson in 1916/17

I did find the info that Germany sent Lenon and 10 million (didnt know germany or russian used dollars in 1915/16) very interesting. Something I did not know.

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  3. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Yes I did, Mark! I would not want to be in the front seat when that thing went off! If the production wasn't so duffus I might accept that the writers had converted into dollars, but.......well, probably not. I would really like to have several of those lefty Springfields!

4. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

10363536_842590945770313_2520964587414586791_n.jpg ?????

5. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

I believe I recognized a Beretta 92 in one scene.

6. Sstrand

Sstrand La Grande OR Well-Known Member

That looks like Arty Johnson . . .

Sheldon

7. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

8. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

9. JackFrost

JackFrost Central Oregon Active Member

I caught that as well, watching the re-runs this week. Love the actual war footage but the current filming is a joke! You would think they would put a little bit more effort into authenticity.