JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Oh yes the sound of freedom as we speak or as I type the sound of a F18 OVER MY HOUSE lol so loud I can't hear my TV but do I care hell no I don't care they are not saying anything on TV Worth listening too anyway lol

Too bad more people don't appreciate that sound and are willing to give up there right 's so very easy because something makes them uncomfortable

I work directly below the Oregon Air Guard flight path out of PDX.

I'm about the most patriotic guy out there,but I gotta tell ya, it's annoying as 5hit.
Sorry.:confused:

Well I'm 20 or so miles from Whitby island Navy air base so once or twice a month they do their flight 's lol don't bother me a bit but there is a whole group off people up here that are raising hell bout it but there the same people that want to take away you guns and the same people that will be crying for help when the SHTF

I drive to portland for work usually a few times a week lately I drive past the airport and up 82nd.
A lot of times in the morning I see them take off and occassionally landing. Everytime I roll my windows down and feel like a little kids again getting all giddy.

Merica!

I guess I should mention that I was stationed at a naval air base in New Orleans for awhile (my rate wasn't aircraft related)
I had my fill of that crap.
To those who like it and associate it with freedom and Apple pie,more power to ya.

I love the peace and quiet of Anacortes also but once or twice a month is not a problem it's part of living in MERCA

Lol I can't relate to your experience but I have a life long friend that works for LOCKEED MARTIN and she yes she the blond with the very nice mmmm how should I say this BRA SIZE SAYS THAT JET NOISE MAKES HER HORNY lol

Spent 20 years in the A.F, almost constant noise, from F-15's and B-52 taking off and landing at all hours, to the constant thump of Choppers, and I gotta say, I still get chills every time I hear one spool up, makes me sleep better! Funny, after I retired, I couldn't sleep on wink, the doctors told me it was because I was so used to the loud sounds that the silence was deafening, so I had to get a recording to listen to in order to fall asleep!

She works on this 9508.jpg

Spent 20 years in the A.F, almost constant noise, from F-15's and B-52 taking off and landing at all hours, to the constant thump of Choppers, and I gotta say, I still get chills every time I hear one spool up, makes me sleep better! Funny, after I retired, I couldn't sleep on wink, the doctors told me it was because I was so used to the loud sounds that the silence was deafening, so I had to get a recording to listen to in order to fall asleep!
I had the same problem when I moved from Tacoma to Anacortes couldn't sleep LOL no sirens no gun shots and no sirens lol

But that 's why I drive over 100 miles to work because I can pretty much leave my door unlocked and come home and nothing is gone lol but I still lock my door

Probably the reason I wear hearing aids today, but as an ex turbine mechanic, I still look up when the planes go over and my minds eye is in the cockpit as I hear compressors spool up and down while bleeds open and close. I don't even know if they still watch EGT, or a PT-7 gauge.:(
But, I still love the smell of burning JP4.:p

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads