JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently ran into a guy by the name of Grier Ingebretsen at my local gun club on Sunday. After talking with him for a while, he told me of a project that him and a group of 25 were putting together. The project is 'The Sons of the American Revolution War Monument' which is to be located in Beaverton, Oregon at the Veterans Memorial Park.

I told him about this forum and offered to help spread the word about this monument that they are proposing to build. Currently they are taking up donations and selling challenge coins to whomever is interested or willing to help. Their current standing right now is around $30,000 raised of the $230,000 needed.

I have included photos of the challenge coins which are $15 each (two sided coins) and I apologize ahead of time for the bad photo quality.

20160612_130521_zpsynvku83o.jpg
20160612_130512_zps6odlhxdm.jpg

More information can be found in the pamphlet that I received(including other ways of donation). I apologize as I do not have a scanner so I have included phone pictures.

20160613_184510_zpso3xtgme5.jpg
20160613_184522_zps9sfndwp3.jpg
20160613_184533_zpsbqgrf6ro.jpg
20160613_184556_zpspd6ltu7r.jpg
20160613_190022_zpsehhe9ems.jpg
20160613_184633_zpsirrl03h2.jpg

Please if you have any comments or questions notify Grier Ingebretsen via
E-mail: [email protected]
or
Phone: 503-244-6540

Let's come together and support a great cause!

I recently ran into a guy by the name of Grier Ingebretsen at my local gun club on Sunday. After talking with him for a while, he told me of a project that him and a group of 25 were putting together. The project is 'The Sons of the American Revolution War Monument' which is to be located in Beaverton, Oregon at the Veterans Memorial Park.

I told him about this forum and offered to help spread the word about this monument that they are proposing to build. Currently they are taking up donations and selling challenge coins to whomever is interested or willing to help. Their current standing right now is around $30,000 raised of the $230,000 needed.

I have included photos of the challenge coins which are $15 each (two sided coins) and I apologize ahead of time for the bad photo quality.

View attachment 297351
View attachment 297352

More information can be found in the pamphlet that I received(including other ways of donation). I apologize as I do not have a scanner so I have included phone pictures.

View attachment 297353
View attachment 297354
View attachment 297355
View attachment 297356
View attachment 297357
View attachment 297358

Please if you have any comments or questions notify Grier Ingebretsen via
E-mail: [email protected]
or
Phone: 503-244-6540

Let's come together and support a great cause!
This is a follow up about the Oregon Revolutionary War Memorial. We thank you for posting. First, let me say that this project was the dream of my late husband, Grier Ingebretsen and we are carrying on the work. The memorial is still in process and we are hampered by some rules that were implemented after some other unfortunate situations. We have the support of City of Beaverton, Beaverton Chamber, American Legion, local neighborhoods, Beaverton & Washington county libraries, Beaverton Schools, DAR, Colonial Dames XVII Centrury, Daughters of Colonial Wars and many other local, regional and national organizations. The catch is that the memorial must be built ALL AT ONCE. It can't be done in sections and that rules out many grants. At this time, we continue to fund raise to reach the matching amount needed to write a grant from Oregon Heritage.

We need fund raiser events and would be thrilled if you can come up with some way to generate revenue to help the memorial reach the goal. In the meantime, our local SAR bronze artist is working on one of the 3 lifesize statues that will be part of the memorial (Militia, Continental Line and Minuteman). The 13 benches have been sold. The memorial will have QR codes and be linked to libraries and it will be interactive as well as teaching. It will be the largest Revolutionary War Memoral west of the Mississippi and something that all who live and visit the west will appreciate. This memorial will be the last and final monument to be placed in the Beaverton Veteran's Memorial park. For more info go to Home Oregon Revolutionary War Memorial. Please contact us if you have questions, want to help or become a part of something very special.
Patti Waitman-Ingebretsen
Oregon Revolutionary War Memorial
Fund Raising Chair
[email protected]

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show