JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
LOL I'm assembling the 48 Willys jeep that I have been building for the better part of this century. I have thousands of man hours and damn near $18,000.00 in it. I have scratch built more parts then I can count. Heck I have modified nuts and bolts to get them exactly the way I want.

SO

On a shelf in my shop are 10) NAPA Gold 1704 Bypass Oil filters I bought as a lot so that no matter what I would always have the best filter for my little Flat head. And since I am using a filter rare enough most NAPA's only stock 1 or 2 of them.

I also have Jugs of Lucas Hot Rod and Classic oil with 2100ppm of zinc to protect my Cam shaft and flat tappets. Every time I order something from Summit I get another 5 qt jug last order I got to got to hit that $99.00 sale for free shipping.

A friend has a Jeep Station wagon with the 318 Dodge engine. 330,000 miles and the heads have never been off. OEM bottom end. I wonder what kind of oil and filters he uses. His trusty friendly local mechanic would know.

I'll put my WRX up against a Prius anyday.
Challenge accepted!

upload_2018-12-17_14-38-58.jpeg

Well curiosity got the better of me.

I just recently changed one of the two Subaru cars we owns oil.

Subaru factory filters seem to be good quality to me. Definitely good materials used.

0394BA38-D25D-4EC7-988B-115FA53840A8.jpeg 658B4BD4-ECF7-4F55-AE0D-F1BC223703F1.jpeg 8ED37E3B-369F-4072-AEB9-99A6261EF229.jpeg 1D5E5B5D-5457-4727-8894-F4D9B4F38A1C.jpeg DE5AD442-17CB-49EE-B997-0A7FED08011D.jpeg

A friend has a Jeep Station wagon with the 318 Dodge engine. 330,000 miles and the heads have never been off. OEM bottom end. I wonder what kind of oil and filters he uses. His trusty friendly local mechanic would know.

I have been running Chevron Delo 400 15-40 in everything I have owned for the last 40 years. We have Purolator filters on them too. My mechanic and I worked together at a Chevron Oil distributor about 35 years ago and he held to that oil or a Union Guardol 400 15-40. Another friend is a farmer who has a 1968 John Deere 4060 that his dad bought brand new. Over 20,000 hours, 1 rebuild and no lubrication failures at alol. Union Guardol and OEM filters.

O yeah... Fram blows.
Wix or NAPA (made by Wix) are all I'll use. Even if I send my girl to the quicky-lube joint I send her w a quality filter...

...which I then check later to make sure it got installed.

I learned about Wix and NAPA gold on the forums at bobistheoilguy.com . Believe it or not there are lubrication enthusiasts o_O actually buy filters and cut them apart and otherwise test them.

I mentioned it to the counter gal at the NAPA in Clackamas and she knew all about, they had even sent her to the factory back east. Surprising for a retailer to educate employees like that any more

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top