JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
got this email yesterday:

Students and Colleagues:

On Friday, March 3, 2012, the Oregon Board of Higher Education approved a new policy on firearms for the Oregon University System, including Portland State University. The new policy took effect immediately. It forbids students, employees, individuals with a business interest with the campus (such as vendors and contractors), event attendees, those who rent or lease University property, and campus visitors from carrying a firearm on University owned or controlled property. Such property includes all PSU campus buildings, sports or performance venues, and workplaces. The prohibition is effective whether or not an individual holds a concealed handgun license. The policy provides several exceptions to the firearms prohibition, including for on-duty law enforcement officers and public safety personnel and military program participants.

Individuals found in violation of the policy may face disciplinary action through means specific to their relationship with the University. Students will be held accountable under the student conduct code, and employees under PSU's employment policies and collective bargaining agreements. Contractors, vendors, event attendees, those who rent or lease University property, and other visitors to PSU will be subject to exclusion from campus.

PSU supports this important advance in policy as well as the Board's "recognition of its obligation to provide a safe environment to its students, employees, visitors, vendors and patrons," as the Board's memorandum on the new policy states. If you have questions regarding the policy or its enforcement at PSU, please contact the Campus Public Safety Office at (503)725-4407. As always, in the event of an emergency, call 911 or the dispatch emergency line at (503)725-4404.

For your convenience and further information, a copy of the OUS Policy on Firearms can be found at Portland State Campus Public Safety Office | Firearm Policy.

Monica Rimai
Vice President, Finance & Administration

Phil Zerzan
Director, Campus Public Safety Office​

Can someone explain to me how this is different from what got overturned on October 4th?

I don't understand.... just conceal carry and make sure you don't get caught..... THE END :)

Take that piece of paper with their "policy" and use it as toilet paper and make sure you don't get a paper cut lol.... they wanna mess with us? we can mess back. Let the sheep fallow the "policy" and pay the ultimate price if SHTF.
I fallow my state and government laws... I don't pay attention to some bogus "policy". I personally don't even think we should have CHL because as long as we are law abiding citizens and aren't committing a crime, it shouldn't be a problem but noooooooo they want to regulate and make money off us.

Well, here is another aspect as relating to real life: My wife works for said University system and since the construction industry is totally dead due to government induced factors, we are dependant on her income and health care coverage. If she were to be fired for violating this totally unfair regulation, our family is in deep do do. Now, consider theory vs. reality. These highly educated morons have real power over staff members at all universities and colleges in Oregon.. Who is willing to roll the dice when the stakes are that high?

Concealed means concealed. You arent breaking the law by carrying, you are merely violating a University "policy". If God forbid a gunman does show up and start a massacre, then whether or not you are in violation of a policy becomes a moot point. Imagine the PR nightmare they would face if you and your concealed weapon were able to stop a massacre from occuring and they actually followed through and tried to fire you for saving everyones life.

Well, here is another aspect as relating to real life: My wife works for said University system and since the construction industry is totally dead due to government induced factors, we are dependant on her income and health care coverage. If she were to be fired for violating this totally unfair regulation, our family is in deep do do. Now, consider theory vs. reality. These highly educated morons have real power over staff members at all universities and colleges in Oregon.. Who is willing to roll the dice when the stakes are that high?

And this true for ALL state employees, except LEO.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top