JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Found 9mm ammo for sale at the LGS and bought a couple of boxes. $11.99 for Remington UMC 115gr RN plinking ammo. 50 rounds, so $.24 per round.

Small pistol primers are impossible to find. Unobtanium. The only ones I've heard of for sale around here were at a gun show at $120 per 1000, or $.12 per primer.

9mm bullets and cases are similarly difficult to find. So, using Gunbroker...

Used brass is going for about $.10 per case and bullets are about $.10 each.

Powder is about $45 per pound, so $45 per 7000 grains, and a target load of 9mm using 115 grain bullets is about 4.5 grains, so powder cost per round is $.03.

Therefore, for a person to create a reloaded target round of 9mm will cost them $.35 per round. To buy that same round already loaded locally is $.24 per round.

Crazy! Never thought I'd see the costs reversed.

At $0.12 a primer and having powder and bullets already. I'm still less expensive.

Buying components to load right now isn't the greatest.

I would just consider $120/1k for primers the same as out of stock. Some shops are getting them in and selling them at normal prices, you just have to hit it right or they are gone. Some preparedness means being able to wait until you find things at more normal prices.

Since December, I've found SP, LR, SR at around $30/1K, plenty of HP38 and a single lonely lb of H4350 for around $30-$34/lb. I bought a big pile of 9mm projectiles online for around 8c ea.

I usually check a couple shops once a week.

It's still worth it to reload if you have some time and patience.

The only 9mm I saw was 115g Remington at Cabelas last month and it was $17.99 for 50 rounds so just shy of $.35 a round... I bought 6 boxes to hand out to some of those less fortunate here locally. ;)
I don't even have a 9mm.....:eek::eek::eek:

I haven't really bought much since prices went up. Still loading 9mm for 10 cents And 357 for about 15. Don't plan on buying any till supply comes back and prices go down. I should be good with the old math for a few years.

Came here looking for Orwellian posts, disappointed. ;)
Here, does this help ??
1613614391033.png

Found 9mm ammo for sale at the LGS and bought a couple of boxes. $11.99 for Remington UMC 115gr RN plinking ammo. 50 rounds, so $.24 per round.

Small pistol primers are impossible to find. Unobtanium. The only ones I've heard of for sale around here were at a gun show at $120 per 1000, or $.12 per primer.

9mm bullets and cases are similarly difficult to find. So, using Gunbroker...

Used brass is going for about $.10 per case and bullets are about $.10 each.

Powder is about $45 per pound, so $45 per 7000 grains, and a target load of 9mm using 115 grain bullets is about 4.5 grains, so powder cost per round is $.03.

Therefore, for a person to create a reloaded target round of 9mm will cost them $.35 per round. To buy that same round already loaded locally is $.24 per round.

Crazy! Never thought I'd see the costs reversed.

Problem is for folks whom wish to shoot a bunch, yet hadn't stocked up for whatever reasons. The reasons do not matter, as there is no way back machine...

From what I'm gathering from on here, shops all have limited sales. Sounds like 2 boxes as the norm.

So no one seems able to purchase manufactured in quantity at the moment.

For someone whom doesn't want to, or can't wait in lines all day, reloading at today's exorbitant pricing would be the only way to shoot. Or pay even higher exorbitant price for case quantity, if it can be sourced reliably.

Yeah, the case prices on GB are insane with most 9mm and .40 S&W at $.80 to $1.00 a round. I remember a guy at work boasting about getting a case of Speer Lawman 9mm for $170 a couple of years ago. I remember thinking I would never spend that much money on ammo at a time. Doh.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top