JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Should it be watched?

• Yes, it is ever so good.

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • No, it blows.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Um, eh, wut, wuz dah ques'n eh-gain? I (burp!) I lost muh train of thought.

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
So, one of my favorite, and indeed my family's (close and extended) favorite, films is the 1960 classic The Magnificent Seven (1960). I guess they made a new one. I don't know much about contemporary films because, frankly, the few I've seen in the last couple decades were such garbage I was at least a little surprised by the degree of suckage.

Worth watching? Thanks my friends. :)

So, one of my favorite, and indeed my family's (close and extended) favorite, films is the 1960 classic The Magnificent Seven (1960). I guess they made a new one. I don't know much about contemporary films because, frankly, the few I've seen in the last couple decades were such garbage I was at least a little surprised by the degree of suckage.

Worth watching? Thanks my friends. :)
Nobody is going to say, "let's watch the Magnificent 7!" and whip out the remake, well... most people won't.

The Magnificent Seven is actually a remake (almost a direct transfer) of Kurosawa's Sichinin no Samurai, or Seven Samurai. On a lot of different levels Seven Samurai redefined cinema, especially the action sequences. It's in my top three movies of all time.
Other Kurosawa films also heavily influenced the Star Wars trilogy, of which George Lucas freely admits, namely The Hidden Fortress.

Seven Samurai - Wikipedia

Well they did get it right once on a remake. "Ghost Buster's" with the gals was very good.

LOL! I loved the first two pictures. The new one, however, I didn't even make it to the half way mark before stop watching it. I don't know how can make a film that stiflingly unfunny, but they did.

The original is the gold standard. I made it 5 minutes into the remake and shut it down.

Wow, that bad, huh? Alright, I think I won't bother.

Thanks guys.

As good as both the Seven Samurai and The Magnificent Seven are...I just gotta wonder why even bother to make a "remake"...Don't make no sense...:D
Both of these films still entertain and inspire...
Andy

Andy, you have missed the entire point of the filmmaking industry which is to continue to make money if a film will make money they will make it hence why they do remakes because they make money.

What happened to The Magnificent One through Six?

Remakes are for Hollywood producers with no new and interesting ideas.
Which they haven't had for at least 30 years by the way.

I'll put in a vote for the re-made "3:10 to Yuma". Not quite as good as the original but it carried its weight pretty well.

I rate it 4 sawed off scatterguns out of 5.

I'll put in a vote for the re-made "3:10 to Yuma". Not quite as good as the original but it carried its weight pretty well.

I rate it 4 sawed off scatterguns out of 5.

I enjoyed the remake too. The original one was better.

We rented it for a WEEK for 99 Cents after it had been out for some time. A brand new release used to cost only 99 Cents overnight in the middle of the week.

I miss not having that movie rental store because you could find things that you might want to SEE but NOT BUY even if it was for super inexpensive price @ Walmart. Sometimes, you can find some old, good western movies for $5.00 or $3.99 and the set will include 4 or 5 movies or more @ Walmart. We used to get some of them and watched them often.

We donated a whole bunch of stuff to our library and those OLD movies are checked out often. Younger people are seeing movies/shows that they never got to see before. Older people are enjoying them too.

Cate

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads