Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

The Gun Box

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by ruger45blackhawk, Jul 16, 2014.

1. ruger45blackhawk

ruger45blackhawk milwaukie Active Member

Just trying to get any info on this particular handgun safe. Anyone buy one and satisfied with it?

PROS and CONS?? :)

Thanks

2. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

No personal experience with that safe, but plenty of experience with RFID devices in security/access control systems. My concern with something like this is that the intent is to quickly access the gun in an emergency. The problem is that RFID readers can and do fail. We do service calls all the time on failed readers - and that's on commercial grade systems.

Looking on the site, I didn't see if there was a backup method for opening the safe if the reader fails. That would be a deciding factor for me. If I need that gun, I need it now. I don't want to rely solely on an electronic device to let me in.

3. yskippy

yskippy Tigard Life Member Lifetime Supporter

4. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Mechanical locks > electric anything

Sgt Nambu and Quacky88 like this.
  5. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

6. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer