The Gen 5 Glock G22 and G23 is on the street.

HaveGun

Reactions
Was really looking forward to picking one of these up. Buds has them listed but out of stock, of course. Two listed on Gunbroker. One is $699 and the other is bid to $480 with four days left. It will likely go for stupid money.

I may just hold out for a few months and get a FDE version. But, could go through my Blue Label dealer and get a regular black one for about $100 less. Initial reviews are positive, other than the increased 2mm slide width and 2oz more weight.

The bottom beveling of the slide in order to match the G19-sized frame is interesting.

pix755729822.jpg

MechaNik

Reactions
My local bi Mart has a g23 for $540 and I admittedly was tempted to buy but hunting season and my first stab at an nfa item have really put the damper on my spending cash. As stated before, I do enjoy .40 pistols

OP
HaveGun

HaveGun

Reactions
I've heard conflicting reports that the increased weight and slide thickness is really noticeable and a major detractor from it's appeal. Some say it's no big deal while others say it's a no-go.

Unfortunately, the chance of me being able to actually handle one in person before ordering is pretty slim.

Might not be enough of a difference in size to justify it over my G29. 13 rounds of .40 S&W or 10 rounds of 10mm?

Reactions
I would say don't buy one. LOL. I never seen to see people caring if someone buys a sig, Beretta etc..... Its like complaining you don't like Apple pie.. Don't eat the damn pie! o_O

All my handguns are reliable, time tested and dumb simple. oh and ugly.
Those of us that had to earn our trophies.

Some people do need validation. I get it.

Glock is an easy target. They make the most reliable semi auto handguns. Period. I trust mine 100%. It’s the only brand I carry.

OP
HaveGun

HaveGun

Reactions
I would say don't buy one. LOL. I never seen to see people caring if someone buys a sig, Beretta etc..... Its like complaining you don't like Apple pie.. Don't eat the damn pie! o_O

All my handguns are reliable, time tested and dumb simple. oh and ugly.

Some people do need validation. I get it.
What triggered you?

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Adaptive Firing Solutions. A+
    5 stars does not do Adaptive Firing Solutions justice. I have done business with him multiple times and wish I could give at least 12 stars...
  • Limitless America
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome shop
    Love this shop. Purchased a few items from them. Always have a lot of parts in stock without much markup. Purchased two cans this summer from them...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great, old school gun shop
    The store is a treasure trove I have found magazines for H&K, Ruger and M1A's and at great prices. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly and...
    • GWS
  • HighLine Firearms
    4.00 star(s)
    great place
    nice guy, local
  • Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
Top Bottom