JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
current state of the Supreme Court over the next 4 years could open up several vacancies that will shape the future political leaning of the court for the distant future established by whoever wins this presidential election.

an excellent article from Marty Hayes, and a quick read. Enjoy:
President's Message

You know as of late I am getting to the point that I am losing hope and felling that no matter what we do the fix is in. It will not matter who we vote for president because they are both nuts and in my opinion it will not matter who gets into the Supreme Court as they seem to rule by opinion and not the constitution. (My opinion)

We have a president who spends more time talking about Trump while standing with foreign leaders than the reason he is in the foreign country talking to foreign leaders.

Congress has an 11% (or less) approval rating and we vote them in time and time again and to me it is the definition of insanity because we expect a different result.

I will vote this year as I do every election but in my mind it will be for the lesser of the two evils because they both flat suck.

The writer of the article posted seem to feel somewhat the same as I do and I do understand the importance of this election because of the Supreme Court but after seeing how our government works any more will it really make a difference?

With that said have a wonderful day and get out to the range and enjoy!

Yeah, this election is Hillary's to lose. All she needs to do is sit back and let The Donald self destruct. Best you can hope for is the congress to stay as it is and give us at least 4 more years of stalemate.

You are missing the point of this thread, though. All she has to do is fill the current Supreme Court vacancy, and we will have an anti-second amendment SCOTUS.

You can then expect a case that will totally do away with an individual's right to own firearms in our country.

All of these liberal appointments to the court are starting to add up.

BC-EBY9CAAAlL5Z.png

You are missing the point of this thread, though. All she has to do is fill the current Supreme Court vacancy, and we will have an anti-second amendment SCOTUS.

You can then expect a case that will totally do away with an individual's right to own firearms in our country.

All of these liberal appointments to the court are starting to add up.

No Lance, I'm not missing the point. Barring some massive screw up on the part of the Democratic candidate it will be Hillary who will make the appointment. I'm resigned to that. Should the Republicans hold Congress it will take forever to confirm; business as usual. If the Republican loose cannon becomes POTUS, all bets are off and you may see the revolution many have been waiting for but I don't think it will go the way they want. These are interesting times.

Last Edited:
After watching the movie V for Vendetta again last night I am seeing more and more similarities with the people of the US and the folks in the movie.

People are willing to blindly let the government take over their lives, health care and security while they lie to you point blank and we all know it. Things like you get to keep your doctor and it will cost you 2500 less for health care and the creme da la crème we need to vote for the bill to see what is in the bill.

The government monitors our phone calls, e-mails and web searches looking for key words in the name of security yet the few bad guys they have stopped seem far and few between and showed no real threat because it was the law enforcement who provided the fake supplies because the bad guys really had no contacts to get them on their own.
They want to be able to do more without warrants and more and more of your first Amendment rights are being threatened by being classified as hate speech. Even the stuff we talk about here on this forum could be considered terrorist activities to some.

They push to restrict the honest person's Second amendment rights that are in the Constitution in the name of safety but cannot stop the bad guys from getting guns. They use other countries as examples with strict guns laws yet we have just seen France, Germany and Belgium who all have stricter guns laws and yet all have had bad guys with explosives and automatic weapons do carnage but yet somehow new stricter gun laws in the US would somehow be different "like our bad guys have better morals."

The sad part is we are allowing it to happen because nobody wants to be "that guy" that fights the system. We all just want to be left alone to do our jobs, fix the house and have weekends off to barbecue and spend time with the family but if we keep going the way we are just like in the movie we will have to make some hard choices and it might not end in a good way.

So yes this is a very important election if for no other reason than because of the possible Supreme Court choices but there is no guarantee these choices will judge the way you want.

Last Edited:
No Lance, I'm not missing the point. Barring some massive screw up on the part of the Democratic candidate it will be Hillary who will make the appointment. I'm resigned to that. Should the Republicans hold Congress it will take forever to confirm; business as usual. If the Republican loose cannon becomes POTUS, all bets are off and you may see the revolution many have been waiting for but I don't think it will go the way they want. These are interesting times.
@Qaolin - sad but true statements. Unfortunately, I suspect Trump will self-destruct long before Clinton is held accountable for anything she has done...

Interesting times indeed...

Stop listening to liberal media. They are fixing the polls to do exactly this, calm support for Trump. Trump isn't self destructing, people are being shamed into being politically correct for supporting trump because ALL media including Fox want Hillary. We wanted trump because he doesn't pussy foot around his answers with PC garbage. So now we want him to speak all PC?! Are you really upset that the elite GOP isn't backing Trump? I am disappointed that Trump has not backed Ryan's challenger.

National polls are a bullbubblegum meter because we do not select our President from a popular vote. There are certain states that matter a lot, and some others that could matter (WA and OR are neither for President). If you look at the swing states, Trump is speaking in front of thousands and turning thousands away. Hillary is having problems filling high school gyms.

Julian Assange already said he has a lot of damaging email for Hillary. Typically, when he makes a public statement it follows the dump of information that is promised.

He needs to hold onto them, for a few months, drop them just before the elections. If they drop now, the average voter would have forgotten about them by voting time.

Trump is not and has never been a Republican. He is a populist who figured out that running as a Republican was the most expedient route to the Presidency. He got a lot of people who never vote in any election or for either party to vote for him in the Primary and stole the nomination from actual Republicans. ANYONE , who actually was a Republican out of that crowd in the primaries could have defeated Clinton in a general election except Donald Trump. He is a vile man without substance and is not fit to be the President of the United States. I am a lifelong Republican and I wouldn't vote for him because I don't believe he would be a good President and like a lot of people I doubt his sanity.

I am resigned to the fact that Clinton will be elected. She will name a Supreme Court justice. At least one anyway unless the Senate decides to confirm Obamas recent nominee. I don't know if thats a good thing or not. I dont think it will be the end of the world as Supreme Court justices tend to stick with precedent and often have minds of their own. Some like Warren and Roberts ended up being nothing like what the President who names them to the court though they were getting. Some, like Scalia end up being surprisingly good as justices.

Trump is not and has never been a Republican. He is a populist who figured out that running as a Republican was the most expedient route to the Presidency. He got a lot of people who never vote in any election or for either party to vote for him in the Primary and stole the nomination from actual Republicans. ANYONE , who actually was a Republican out of that crowd in the primaries could have defeated Clinton in a general election except Donald Trump. He is a vile man without substance.

I am resigned to the fact that Clinton will be elected. She will name a Supreme Court justice. At least one anyway unless the Senate decides to confirm Obamas recent nominee. I don't know if thats a good thing or not. I dont think it will be the end of the world as Supreme Court justices tend to stick with precedent and often have minds of their own. Some like Warren and Roberts ended up being nothing like what the President who names them to the court though they were getting. Some, like Scalia end up being surprisingly good as justices.

Just like Mccain and Romney could beat Obama right? The old GOPe guard is dead. we are done with your type. The GOPe has shown their colors rallying around Hillary.

I dint think either one of those idiots could beat Obama. Obama is charismatic and most of all he is is black. Lots of white guilt went into those elections. McCain continues to be a troll and Romney couldnt get elected dog catcher. I voted for both. I would not ever vote for Donald Trump for anything I cared about.

The good thing is I dont have to. WA and OR will go Democrat anyway so I can vote for whoever I want without a tinge of guilt.

If Trump carries 10 states I'll be shocked.

But you think the "holier than god" Ted or "I will do whatever the Bush's tell me" Marco would have been able to rally the base and extend it? Didn't we get enough of the new republican global cabal policies from W?

Trump didnt rally the base. The base of the Republican Party are good old fashioned pro business low tax socially neutral to conservative folk. Trump dragged in the trailer trash and took over the primaries. The people who voted for Trump would have voted for Bernie had the wind changed.

Just like Mccain and Romney could beat Obama right? The old GOPe guard is dead. we are done with your type. The GOPe has shown their colors rallying around Hillary.
Ding, ding, ding... We have a winner, Republicans publicly proclaiming their vote for Hiltery, need themselves to be voted out of office, for they are not Republicans at all.

The republican party defeats itself by not rallying around their nominee... Behold probably take a page from the democratic playbook here...

What a sad group of
"Old angry white men" as my 17 year old daughter says... Perhaps she's right...

Trump didnt rally the base. The base of the Republican Party are good old fashioned pro business low tax socially neutral to conservative folk. Trump dragged in the trailer trash and took over the primaries. The people who voted for Trump would have voted for Bernie had the wind changed.

Got it, the republican base is only the rich elite donors. We have figured this out too, which is why we rejected the king makers this year.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top