JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Volvo VHD 13 liter plow truck with 4,100 miles.
Happened while he was pushing snow.
Not a failure we normally see but carnage is always interesting.
View from between the front spring.
p89AWtHl.jpg

Took out the ECM and fuel filter base and caught on fire so they covered it in retardant that had to be washed off.
Hssn8DOl.jpg
fr0qmAal.jpg

Looks like the rod cap may have been loose.
luStZK8l.jpg
Got so hot the bearing flowed like wax.
gW1BTrol.jpg

Wrist pin failures are even better, the rod just swings in a circle and cuts the engine in half.

That'll buff out!

That must have been a surprise! I've had wrist pins fail but never a piston try to jump ship! The wrist pin was crazy loud. That must have been exciting!

Years ago I was eating lunch at a small restaurant that was operating in a closed service station. A young lady came in and said she needed some oil because "my add oil light came on." I asked her where that light was, and she showed me the oil pressure warning light of her 1966 Mustang. The one that says "OIL".

I asked her to start the engine, which hammered loudly from a rod knock, and I holllered at her to shut it down. She had been heading to Lincoln City for the weekend, but never made it past Sheridan. She ended up staying in town, and got a job at the Manufactured Home factory.

Isn't it funny how small factors change one's life? :rolleyes::eek:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads