JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I always think back on the stories my stepdad told me when he was growing up. Him and his family would hunt for food to keep from starving.
They would use 22lr so it wasn't as loud.

Caliber isn't as important as marksmanship.
I love hearing friends or people I talk to raving about their $1500-$2000 rifle, then you go hunting and see some old country boy dragging out a carcass with their daddies old hunting rifle. Worth probably $200.

I always think back on the stories my stepdad told me when he was growing up. Him and his family would hunt for food to keep from starving.
They would use 22lr so it wasn't as loud.

Caliber isn't as important as marksmanship.
I love hearing friends or people I talk to raving about their $1500-$2000 rifle, then you go hunting and see some old country boy dragging out a carcass with their daddies old hunting rifle. Worth probably $200.

Country boy will survive!

Not that I have ever had the time out could afford to miss work long enough to hunt more than a few times...

I've never shot not handled any of these high end magnum rifle, etc.

There are plenty of rounds that will take a deer. In the west side of OR & WA distances are usually no more than 100yds.
You dont need a 338 Lapua for that.

I've hunted with with an SKS even, with wolf SP ammo. It doesn't take the biggest and baddest equipment.

What are you comfortable with? That's what you're going to shoot best with and I swear shot placement is more important than bullet weights and velocities.

That's why the classifieds are full of high end optics and other gear.
Because in the end the Marlin 336 with iron sights or maybe a $40 tasco gets the job done just as well as a 300 winmag with an $800 Swarovski.

Not that I have ever had the time out could afford to miss work long enough to hunt more than a few times...

I've never shot not handled any of these high end magnum rifle, etc.

There are plenty of rounds that will take a deer. In the west side of OR & WA distances are usually no more than 100yds.
You dont need a 338 Lapua for that.

I've hunted with with an SKS even, with wolf SP ammo. It doesn't take the biggest and baddest equipment.

What are you comfortable with? That's what you're going to shoot best with and I swear shot placement is more important than bullet weights and velocities.

That's why the classifieds are full of high end optics and other gear.
Because in the end the Marlin 336 with iron sights or maybe a $40 tasco gets the job done just as well as a 300 winmag with an $800 Swarovski.

o_O So you may be discrediting your own opinion buy telling us what [with all your lack of experience] some guns and optics don't make sense.

Here is how expensive/quality scopes and guns do work.
I hunt almost every year and have for a long time.
And I bring home animals with My $800 Shepard scope and a $500-$600 Ruger 300 win-mag.
Same gun. Same scope. Elk, Deer, Bear. And everything else. For 21 years!

Heck......... That's a bargain. ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads