JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
An aphorism sometimes attributed to Mark Twain: "The longer I am around people the more I like dogs....."

.........but I think it was said by someone else--maybe Howlin' Mad Smith , but no, he mostly said @#!^&@#^!!!

The Moses must've liked dogs. A Citori or even one of his many, many .22's "speaks" (lol) dogs. they go hand in hand

200px-JOHN_M._BROWNING.jpg

Sold this one to buy my friend [dog]. The High Power was nice. The dog is one in a million. Look at his little face! Dam Dog.
The HP trigger and I didn't get along. The safety has a different feel than a 1911. And there is no squeeze safety. So carrying cocked and locked was out for me. Others are fine with it.
I won't get another. But is was a beautiful gun! The bluing was the nicest I've seen on an auto pistol.

Just so everyone knows, JMB thought the 1911 grip safety superfluous and only designed the 1911 that way for an army spec contract for horse cavalry

excellent ergonomics, half the parts of a 1911, high capacity (designed as an improvement on the 1911). Designed by a man who is an Edison of the firearms world (how many patents? A bunch!). Not a one hit wonder like Gaston Glock, (JMB gave up on striker fired guns about a hundred years ago). Plastic does not make a gun "Modern". What gun show/gun shop pimp told you that? Most of the designs in them date back to (or are derived from)JMB designs. You can't fix plastic. Not much new has come along in the last 100 years.

I would take one into a situation any day, the only drawback is the caliber.

excellent ergonomics, half the parts of a 1911, high capacity (designed as an improvement on the 1911). Designed by a man who is an Edison of the firearms world (how many patents? A bunch!). Not a one hit wonder like Gaston Glock, (JMB gave up on striker fired guns about a hundred years ago). Plastic does not make a gun "Modern". What gun show/gun shop pimp told you that? Most of the designs in them date back to (or are derived from)JMB designs. You can't fix plastic. Not much new has come along in the last 100 years.

I would take one into a situation and day, the only drawback is the caliber.
well then it wouldn't be high capacity designed as an improvement on the 1911 as you have pointed out......place them well and caliber matters little. Long live the mighty 9x19 mm

.a man who is an Edison of the firearms world (how many patents? A bunch!). Not a one hit wonder like Gaston Glock, (JMB gave up on striker fired guns about a hundred years ago). Plastic does not make a gun "Modern"..
You gots that right..

http://weaponsman.com/?p=10789

Young-Browning-212x300.jpg

When someone called him/introduced him as an "engineer" he snapped "I'm a machinist".

One of my very favorites.. especially in .380. Elegant.. just about perfect for the caliber. I don't think they (or at least the early ones) are drop safe in condition one though.

well then it wouldn't be high capacity designed as an improvement on the 1911 as you have pointed out......place them well and caliber matters little. Long live the mighty 9x19 mm

I get a good laugh at people who knock the 9MM. I gained the handle "Machine Gun" at an indoor range in cali long ago for the rate of accurate fire I could lay down with a BHP. No one in their right mind would want to stand in front of that, especially with my Sierra Power Jacket HP handloads

Check statistics from the battle of Gettysburg, 8 pound cannon balls work well. No velocity to speak of (400-600 fps iirc), no hollow points, mass rules. Biggest reason I stick with 15 rounds of 45 caliber 230 grain fmj ammo. If I could get heavier affordable bullets, I would.