JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Terrifying arsenal of weapons among dozens seized in Met's gun amnesty..:eek:
guns.jpg
Handed in: The Met has offered a week-long amnesty

This arsenal of firearms is among the dozens of weapons that have been taken off London's streets during the Met's latest gun amnesty.

Since Monday 45 weapons have been surrendered across the capital as part of the Give Up Your Gun campaign, including shotguns, revolvers, rifles and handguns, Scotland Yard said.

Detectives from the Met's gang unit today urged anyone still in possession of an illegal firearm to hand it in before the amnesty ends on Sunday night.

People giving up their gun will not have to give their details to officers, although the weapon may be forensically checked for evidence.

Detective Chief Superintendent Jim Stokley, of the Met's Trident and Area Crime Command, said: "We've had a good response from the public in the first three days of the gun surrender. As a result, a number of dangerous guns have been taken off the streets of London.

"I would urge anyone else who is in possession of an illegal firearm to visit their local 24-hour police station during the final days of the campaign.

"If you hold on to an illegal gun, you are putting yourself and your loved ones in danger and you are likely to be arrested and face at least five years in jail."

Terrifying arsenal of weapons among dozens seized in Met's gun amnesty

The second from the right is a .410 'poacher's pistol, and the one on the extreme right is a percussion 'pepper box' pistol of the Ethan Allen style. The shotgun is worth five years, but the pepper box pistol is a nice collectable antique.

The rest is junk.

tac

Two proposed story headlines for Fleet Street:
"Authorities Thank Gun Amnesty for Netting Hundreds of Deadly Firearms From Citizens."

and right below, another related story:
"Criminal Syndicate Thanks Gun Amnesty for Netting Hundreds of Deadly Firearms From Citizens."

Are you talking about the amount or the caliber? :rolleyes:
Both I suppose ....
The average caliber for our muzzleloading rifles is .47
We have rifles that are in .56-.60 caliber range was well
To be fair ... we have some rifles in the .32-.38 range
Musket ball size is .69 and we have trade guns and a shotgun in .20 and .12 gauge.
And that's just long guns....
On our tables we have over 30 guns.
I can't remember just how many replica bows , original knives or tomahawks and axes , plus a atlatl and a buffalo lance...

The two pics are from our first showing ... we weren't sure if anyone would like us , so we didn't bring everything , that we do now....

So yeah ... both ...:D
Andy

Last Edited:
Both I suppose ....
The average caliber for our muzzleloading rifles is .47
We have rifles that are in .56-.60 caliber range was well
To be fair ... we have some rifles in the .32-.38 range
Musket ball size is .69 and we have trade guns and a shotgun in .20 and .12 gauge.
And that's just long guns....
On our tables we have over 30 guns.
I can't remember just how many replica bows , original knives or tomahawks and axes , plus a atlatl and a buffalo lance...

The two pics are from our first showing ... we weren't sure if anyone would like us , so we didn't bring everything , that we do now....

So yeah ... both ...:D
Andy
Uh... But... What... I'm trying to make a joke and you get all technical on me! :confused:

:p

(I actually like the fun facts :))

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews