JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have thought about the CZ. I have a normal Scorpion already and a few other PCCs. Hoping to figure out something more "stout." Something "robust" (like an AK folder) that would be rifle caliber, but still compact like would fit into a backpack. The ARs is kinda my go-to, but can't get it compact enough with the receiver extension. Had thought about a side folder for AR, but don't sleep well thinking about the novel options.
This can help get OAL down on an AR for a backpack set-up

Then couple that with this

Last Edited:
Thanks for all the ideas guys, I really appreciate it.

I think the Sig in 300 BLK would be about as awesome as it gets (or maybe a B&T in 300).

I know a little about ARs and have a couple and have just not been a fan of the folder options - that pesky receiver extension is a very limiting factor. The AK on the other hand has had the fortune of years of manufacture with different folders.

On the 300 BLK, I have a few and would love to go in that direction, but that whole folder "thing." Someone wants to donate an Sig or B&T I'd not argue.

Not sure if this has been mentioned - but have you shot one of these?

IMG_0729.png

I am not a fan of AR's either. I don't like the folding options either due to the buffer tubes. When measure 114 passed I gave in and decided to buy an AR while I still could. Since I am only ever going to own one AR I decided to get the best I could find... as opposed to collecting several cheap AR's. I went with the Sig MCX Spear LT and since it has a brace I was able to register it as a SBR for free.

I love the SIG but I am still not a fan of the rear charging handle. I much prefer an AK style side charging handle. But at least I have a real folding stock. I haven't scrapped together the money for a 9" 300 AAC BLK barrel yet (about $600) but hope to some day as well as buying a suppressor. One of the nice features of the SIG is quick barrel swaps without having to have a whole second upper receiver. I think this will serve my "need" for a compact, folding SBR with rifle class ballistics... and be a good suppressor platform (some day).

I have had my AK for about 30 years now and it doesn't have a rigid enough top cover to mount a red dot or a scope. I respect the ballistics of 7.62x39 much more than I respect .223, which is just a varmint cartridge in my book. I think 300 BLK will be a good compromise for me.

Last Edited:
Allow me to introduce you to Black Betty.

View attachment 1823073

View attachment 1823072

View attachment 1823074

View attachment 1823075

I thought I would use her as a home defense weapon, but she was a fire-breather. Even with a flash hider installed.

She was literally a blast, and I realized that I would probably be temporarily blinded by the muzzle flash if I had to set her off indoors. So, she got traded away.

Your mileage may vary.
Is that an American made flash hider? I think I might have the same one on my Draco SBR.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top