Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Teachers In Ohio, Texas Flock To Free Gun Training Classes

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by DMax, Jan 8, 2013.

1. DMax

DMax Yamhill Well-Known Member

2. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

For the first time in my life, I am strongly considering becoming a certified firearm instructor to provide my services for free to school teachers/educators.

titsonritz, Nwcid, DMax and 3 others like this.
  3. just dan

just dan PDX Active Member

excellent, i'm glad to see this.

4. revmedia

revmedia Dallas Member

Not that it's likely to ever fly in Oregon, but I've thought about this as well. What's the first step in becoming a certified instructor? Just taking the NRA instructor class?

5. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

This was an emotional, spur of the moment remark. But, yes, I know the stuff. I've taught several people (friends and family), including my wife, a total work-in-progress deal, reformed anti-gunner, who also is works in the public education system. So, in a sense, I am "doing it".

I have received some training from OFA and have added experience in top of it. A "certification" adds a level of "legitimacy" that may entice people who could be on the fence about "free" training. Plus, with the right certification, it could be used towards an OR CHL.

I could have said NRA but left it open ended because there must be other certifying entities I do not know of. Up until now, I've never considered it, so I have a lot of homework to do.

6. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Taking an NRA instructor class would be a good first step. As an NRA instructor, you can provide proof of training OR will accept for obtaining CHL.