JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I live in Welches Oregon an hour or so East of Portland, but do not mind traveling a little bit. I always try and keep my spending as local as possible, but I understand there may not be someone super close. Looking for a quality taxidermist not a hobbyist. By no means am I saying coast is of no issue rich I am not, but if I get something worthy of taking in I just assume pay a bit more for good work.

-Bear/cougar skull and claws, or a rug
-deer or elk skull
-shoulder mount (deer/elk)
-a stuffed duck
-turkey

Nice to hear you have your pelt back already Howard, every time you look at it, oh the memories are more than worth it

Thanks. We are enjoying it. I took it to church recently, and some of the kids were playing with and wearing it.

I'm told this was a young cat - not more than 2 years old. A much bigger one was just killed not far from our place. Might've been this one's daddy.

IMG_0655.JPG

Foothills Taxidermy in Carlton. Excellent detail on his mounts, excellent pedestal mounts.

Jesse Grace

Artistic taxidermy in SE portland has done a great job for me in the past.
There's also an excellent taxidermist just outside of Carlton that does great work, the name of the father/son eludes me at this time but I'll look it up.

I'd call them before taking something to them. My guess is there are different offices that do that, scattered around the state. The one I went to is down toward Corvallis.
Ok. Sorry about all the questions. I checked out their prices but didn't see any for deer, bear, elk, or cougar. Last question.. Would you mind telling me how much it cost to have your cougar done?

Ok. Sorry about all the questions. I checked out their prices but didn't see any for deer, bear, elk, or cougar. Last question.. Would you mind telling me how much it cost to have your cougar done?

No worries - ask all the questions you want.

Are you talking about checking prices on Moyle's website? (There was no fee at ODFW.)

As I recall, there were two options with Moyle. The first option cost about $175, and the second option was close to $250. (I'm working from memory here, so I may be off by a few bucks.)

Option 1 meant there was a long wait time - I think 8 to 10 months. Option 2 gets you put to the head of the line, and you get the pelt back within 40 (working) days.

They have an order form on their website that can be printed off.

No worries - ask all the questions you want.

Are you talking about checking prices on Moyle's website? (There was no fee at ODFW.)

As I recall, there were two options with Moyle. The first option cost about $175, and the second option was close to $250. (I'm working from memory here, so I may be off by a few bucks.)

Option 1 meant there was a long wait time - I think 8 to 10 months. Option 2 gets you put to the head of the line, and you get the pelt back within 40 (working) days.

They have an order form on their website that can be printed off.
Ok. Are those as a whole? The other places I checked wanted $300 for a whole hide and some $400 for a bear pelt with the hair on.

Ok. Are those as a whole? The other places I checked wanted $300 for a whole hide and some $400 for a bear pelt with the hair on.

You might want to give them a call. But here's a link to a web page that'll give you lots of information:

Moyle Mink & Tannery / Services

On that page, click on "Taxidermy Tan". Then click on the PDF button on that page, and you'll get to a price list. Here's a picture of the page showing the PDF button:

IMG_0667.PNG

And here's what the price list looks like:

IMG_0666.PNG

Let me know if that helps.

Last Edited:
You might want to give them a call. But here's a link to a web page that'll give you lots of information:

Moyle Mink & Tannery / Services

On that page, click on "Taxidermy Tan". Then click on the PDF button on that page, and you'll get to a price list. Here's a picture of the page showing the PDF button:

View attachment 356038

And here's what the price list looks like:

View attachment 356039

Let me know if that helps.
That helps a lot! I was looking at the fur dressing. Whoops!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top