JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Mine shipped last week. Was easy to install takes about 10 seconds. Gauged factory trigger pack at 10lbs, and Timney at 4lbs.

Day one range test
Took it to the range and reinstalled the old trigger. Shoot about 2 to 1 1/2 inch groups at at 100yrds with a Eotech XPS-2. Switched in the new trigger groups were at 1 inch, and was able to shoot faster. That day the weather was showers off and on so I was only able to shoot about 40 rounds.

Day two range test.
Took it to a friends house to work on some drills for our upcoming 3 gun match. I switch back in the old trigger some my friend could see the difference. I did added some oil this time to the new trigger. He shoot the new one about 10 shoots, and was like I need one! We then switch to some rifle drills shot around five shots and no bang. Pulled mag, checked barrel, reloaded, and shoot another five shots. Again it didn't fire on the six round. Checked rifle switched ammo, and reinstalled the trigger. I shot about 20 rounds until it had another malfunction. I picked up my unfired rounds, and notice I was getting a light fire pin strike.
Tried some other ammo type, and it stated light fire pin striking on ever other round.

Next day I cleaned my rifle, and removed the Trigger pack. went on line, and of course with it being so new there wasn't any info. Like I mentioned before the only thing I did different then the first day was add oil. So I cleaned it.

Day at 3 gun match
I was told we would have time to sight in, but we didn't.
Get to the first course with me rifle, and it fires the first two and then failed on the next five. I had to switch out back to the old pack. Lesson learned. Take your rifle to the range day before you run a match. i was also shooting 7 inches low.

I called Timney the next Monday, and they said I needed the heaver spring. Showed up three day's later. People are starting to post on forums with the same problem. Was easy to install. I did a trigger gauge test on it, and its about a half pound heaver setting at 4 1/2lbs

Day three range test.
Put 100 rounds with new spring. So fair not one light primer strike.
With update if anything changes.

Last Edited:
First time I've heard of a Timney getting light primer strikes. must be a new design?

Shame on trigger manufacturers that lighten the hammer spring.

Personally I would have gone with a Geissele SSA or SSA-E trigger.

3.5-4lb 2 stage trigger with a mil-spec hammer spring and full weight hammer. you will never have a light primer strike from a Geissele trigger group. They are made for combat/battle rifles for a trigger you can absolutely feel where the engagement point is, and a trigger you can depend your life on.

They also make a special 3 gun trigger as well.

The AR I'm building will have a Geissele SSA-E trigger in it.

As the OP stated, this is the pack for the Tavor rifle not the AR-15. Geissele's version of the hammer pack for the Tavor has not been released yet.

Users of the Timney Tavor triggers have experienced two distinct problems. The first widely reported problem is that of light strikes. The second known problem concerns individuals who use suppressors on their Tavor rifles. Those people have reported that the rifle can slamfire with the Timney pack.

There has been a lot of discussion about the problems (and disappointment) with the Timney packs on the bullpup forum.

http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?board=30.0

As the OP stated, this is the pack for the Tavor rifle not the AR-15. Geissele's version of the hammer pack for the Tavor has not been released yet.

Users of the Timney Tavor triggers have experienced two distinct problems. The first widely reported problem is that of light strikes. The second known problem concerns individuals who use suppressors on their Tavor rifles. Those people have reported that the rifle can slamfire with the Timney pack.

There has been a lot of discussion about the problems (and disappointment) with the Timney packs on the bullpup forum.

http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?board=30.0
I got my new spring. Old spring stated to fail after 20 round. New one I shot 100 rounds through it so far with out any problems. Timney was the lightest of the 3, and I think they tried to go to light which didn't work.

Any updates? We have had a couple of these returned for the same issue. Timney's dealer response has been terrible.
I've only been able to put about 300 rounds through it so far after I installed the new spring. The first spring failed after 30 rounds. I'm hoping to run a 3 gun this month to see how it works in a competition setting/stress.

That's great for you!
As a dealer. They ask for us to: pay to return them , Timney will refurb them , we can pay to get them back ,we can re-sell the refurbished products!

Really!? No thanks Timney!

That's great for you!
As a dealer. They ask for us to: pay to return them , Timney will refurb them , we can pay to get them back ,we can re-sell the refurbished products!

Really!? No thanks Timney!
That sucks. They should treat you guys the same or pay for the shipping if they know it's a problem on their side.

Thanks for the update.

I need to come see your shop some day!
I wanted the Geissele Super Sabra Trigger, but it's still not ready.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top