JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The reviews are overwhelmingly good for this thing. Thinking it might be a good one for my dad. Anyone have one or can comment on how easy or stiff the slide is to operate. He currently has two M&P .380EZ's that he is able to cycle but with his arthritis that's pretty much all he can handle..

Thanks guys!

Felt one up at the store. Slide was similar to the Ruger SR22, IE easy to manipulate with not a lot of spring tension. 2 extra rounds over others on market is pretty cool.

Have you ever looked at the Ruger Mark series and an upgraded bolt or bolt attachment to help manipulate?

upload_2019-3-17_16-56-49.jpeg

Yeah, he didn't like the Mark 4. He wanted to badly as he's a Ruger guy, but not that one.

I got nothing.

The newer Walther P22 has an insanely easy slide to rack - was going to give it to my mom until she said she would "just shoot near an intruder and not at" so I kept it and love it for a shorts gun.

Always goes bang with mini-mags.

I'm embarrassed to say that I had not heard about this pistol before you posted about it. Taurus usually isn't on my radar but this one sounds like a winner, based off the reviews I've read the last couple days. Thanks for posting about it and good luck with finding your dad a new piece.

I think many of the new pistols are only starting to slowly trickle in. Sportman's had the Taurus 692 for a hot second, but quickly ran out of stock (which I guess was like 3). Similarly, I can't find a store to try the LCRX .357 3" in person before deciding on committing to it or not as a hiking/trail gun.

I ordered one through bimart at the beginning of March. Fantastic rim fire pistol. About the same size as my vp9 but much lighter. Take down is a breeze too. Sights are pretty standard three dot, I'll likely upgrade them to something a little brighter at some point. About 1,000 rounds of cheap federal and Remington golden bullet through it. Had one failure to fire that was ammo related, good primer strike but no bang. Spent 313 for mine if I recall correctly.

Just ordered one today. Reading all the reviews and watching the YT videos people really seem to like it. With Taurus doing a $50 rebate hard to pass up. Will update once I have it out on the range. :)

No experience with the Taurus, but I have with the Ruger SR22 and the S&W M&P 22. Both are nice pistols with very comfortable grips, not heavy and easy to operate slides. I especially liked the M&P 22, in fact it's still in the photo in my avatar. They have an M&P 22 Compact that's a bit smaller if the original is too big.

I thought that it did come threaded. From the Taurus website.

• Suppressor-ready muzzle threading
Accessories: Suppressor ready thread adaptor, lock, owner's manual

From the Owners Manual parts list
31 BARREL, THREADED
32 COLLAR, BARREL THREAD
33 ROD, RECOIL

So a quick update. I have 3000+ rounds through mine now. This thing runs beautifully. The magazines can be a bit finicky at first, but once you figure out how to load them right they feed reliably. Most videos recommend feeding them one at a time rather than pulling the lid assits down but I've found that if you turn the mag upside down after dumping the rounds in that they stack like they're supposed to. I'm strongly considering picking up another one for my wife so we do t have to take turns.

Picked one up after shooting someones at TCGC. Freaking awesome trigger out of the box. Very nice reset. Think of an aftermarket Glock trigger with a Glock reset but without the dongle.

Full size pistol with comfortable ergo.

Striker fired with internal safeties. I opted for the non manual safety version.

Slide is light and easy to manipulate. Front slide serrations.

Breaks down very similar to a Glock, yet has fixed barrel for silencers.

16 rounds per mag.

Ate everything I put into it minus subsonic ammos under 800 FPS. Almost worked with those ammos and the silencer. Probably already has 4000 rounds through it and it only hiccuped on the subs which I only tried for one mag worth.

1/2x28 adapter included in the box.

Sights dead on from factory and very easy to point shoot out to 25 yards. May look at getting the fiber optic ones later, but why fix what isn't broken.

They hit a home run with this pistol. Had I got this before the CP33, I'd likely never have gotten the CP33. This pistol has me enjoying shooting pistol again.

Only gripe I have so far is no one has the 16 round mags in stock anywhere.

Probably offload the CP33 and try hard not to get a second, that's how much I enjoyed shooting it. Probably even drop the mark 4 if it gets to 10k without any issues.

My buddy has one, super reliable and I really like the trigger. Seems accurate enough.
He did put a dot sight on it and had to work on (file) the mount to the dovetail, which was almost nonexistent and aluminum. He's not handy nor experienced but got er done, with the help of some remedial peening and epoxy, it seems to be holding on there.

Well I've put about 1500 rounds through mine. Mostly Federal Bulk pack. Maybe 100 of CCI. Not a single hiccup. Have not cleaned it yet. Thought I would give it a run to see how she does. Will clean it soon. :) Definitely really enjoying it!!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top