JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Have had one for a little over a month, about 1000 rounds through it without problems. The trigger is indeed very nice. I also like the fact that it is a full size gun. It's fun to shoot. I'll be buying more magz soon. The only caveat is the front sight is wearing down when I pull it out my holster. However, I made the holster myself and put the rough side in by mistake :)=. Not sure how much that plays in.

What is the local going rate? I'm not wanting to order online. Anyone use the thread adapter? My rimfire suppressor is still in jail and I'm wanting to pick up some toys while waiting.

What is the local going rate? I'm not wanting to order online. Anyone use the thread adapter? My rimfire suppressor is still in jail and I'm wanting to pick up some toys while waiting.
I see the safety model regularly for $250. I paid $300 for the non safety model.

I've got probably 2-4 thousand through it suppressed. Keeps on lugging along. Probably close to 7-9 thousand through it already. It hiccups as per expected with any 22lr, but it hasn't broken or gone kaboom! Highly enjoyable pistol.

I just picked mine up from NW Armory. I got the green speckle color so it was $249.00. It has a very nice feel to it. Solid and well built (I know right? A Tarus?) and the grip is really comfortable. I may head to the range tonight and take it with me to try, but so far I really like it.

IMG_20200205_151331.jpg

I just picked mine up from NW Armory. I got the green speckle color so it was $249.00. It has a very nice feel to it. Solid and well built (I know right? A Tarus?) and the grip is really comfortable. I may head to the range tonight and take it with me to try, but so far I really like it.

View attachment 657236
Very nice, did they have more in stock? I struck out with Bimart as they are closing them out and don't have any local to me.

Very nice, did they have more in stock? I struck out with Bimart as they are closing them out and don't have any local to me.

They did not have it in stock at the store, they had to order it from their warehouse. It took about 1 week to arrive after putting the deposit down.

Range Report:

Ran about 200 rounds of whatever crap .22LR ammo was in my .22LR loose ammo baggie. Not one malfunction, so big win.

Sights were 5" right and 1" high at about 10 yards out of the box, but they are fully adjustable, so that was an easy fix. That said, I am not a fan of the sights. The dots are not round (looks like the paint was not applied fully), and it may just be my mild OCD, but that bugs me and I have a harder time centering them. Also, they are plastic (a common theme) and do not feel like they would take a beating. They feel a bit cheap, but I have to keep telling myself "this is a $250 gun" it won't feel like a Sig.

The magazines are plastic and while, again I would prefer metal mags, they worked flawlessly and held 16 rounds and felt solid. No complaints. New mags are about $20, where the 10 rnd mags for my S&W Victory are metal, but almost $40, so I guess cost balances out the plastic.

The safety is fine, but not super positive on/off. Kind of mushy off, then "click". I would prefer not having one, but I suppose as a kid's trainer it is a good idea. It will stay off most of the time.

The slide release feels very positive and worked perfectly. Again, no complaints.

All-in-all this is a great little plinker and my 11 y/o daughter should easily be able to shoot it well due to the light weight and minimal recoil.

Long story short, I really like it, for $250 it is great and seems to be very reliable so far (huge win for a cheap .22 pistol). It feels great in the hand, and the plastic pieces that feel a bit cheap all have redeaming values to offset that like plastic sights being fully adjustable, and plastic mags being cheap to buy. It's a good buy in my book.

After seeing a TX22 reviewed on Guns & Ammo TV, I then looked up a couple of online videos.

Jesse Harrison sold me :p https://www.taurususa.com/videos/

The 16-round version WITHOUT a manual safety is difficult to find, and runs around $350+, and you have to add shipping costs.

@LuckySG 's website had the 10-round mag version for $240.99. So, I ordered one AND 6 additional 16-round mags.

$360 out the door, including the $10 Oregon BGC fee.

I'm looking forward to a fun afternoon plinking this weekend.

20200303_180217.jpg

After seeing a TX22 reviewed on Guns & Ammo TV, I then looked up a couple of online videos.

Jesse Harrison sold me :p https://www.taurususa.com/videos/

The 16-round version WITHOUT a manual safety is difficult to find, and runs around $350+, and you have to add shipping costs.

@LuckySG 's website had the 10-round mag version for $240.99. So, I ordered one AND 6 additional 16-round mags.

$360 out the door, including the $10 Oregon BGC fee.

I'm looking forward to a fun afternoon plinking this weekend.

View attachment 666328
That guy @LuckySG sure is an enabler. Got mine too from him last year. Already my favorite plinking pistol. I have well over 10k through mine already. Good to see the magazines more readily available. I had to wait a few months before I was able to order more.

That guy @LuckySG sure is an enabler. Got mine too from him last year. Already my favorite plinking pistol. I have well over 10k through mine already. Good to see the magazines more readily available. I had to wait a few months before I was able to order more.
I was just chatting with @Stomper about my concerns about that. I can picture a neutral color sedan pull up with four or five spouses and read me the riot act. #NotAnEnabler ;)

I was just chatting with @Stomper about my concerns about that. I can picture a neutral color sedan pull up with four or five spouses and read me the riot act. #NotAnEnabler ;)

Relax, Bro.... my wife can't get peeved at what she doesn't know.... that's right, I'm skeert if my woman's wrath for "frivolous"purchases.... even if I just bought her a new Jeep Wrangler last Friday!

:rolleyes::s0140:

Next time he is over here we should all get lunch.

My access times to that area are TOTALLY random because of my workload, but let's see if it pans out! :s0155:

He sure is an enabler. But I'd still buy him lunch, along with others if something is set up. :)

Relax, Bro.... my wife can't get peeved at what she doesn't know.... that's right, I'm skeert if my woman's wrath for "frivolous"purchases.... even if I just bought her a new Jeep Wrangler last Friday!

:rolleyes::s0140:

My access times to that area are TOTALLY random because of my workload, but let's see if it pans out! :s0155:
Not just your wife, I hear conversations among couples passing by and more times than not the wife says very clearly, "you are not stopping there later, got it?" When I have the door up to inspire curiosity.

I might have to move the big screen up front and put a few flamethrowers in different configurations out on display.

Not just your wife, I hear conversations among couples passing by and more times than not the wife says very clearly, "you are not stopping there later, got it?" When I have the door up to inspire curiosity.

I might have to move the big screen up front and put a few flamethrowers in different configurations out on display.

You should also put a huge sign that says...

"Man cards sold and renewed here!".

Of course, that's easy for ME to say.... we don't live in your barrio. :D

I've put over 1,500 rounds through the pistol since picking up about 3 weeks ago. Been using Remington Black Pack, Aguila HV, Aguila SV, and CCI Blazer.

Today, I loaded the mags with Remington Golden Bullets. Every filled 16-round mag (I have 6), the 3rd round would not feed. That is, a round would not chamber; the round would lay FLAT in the magazine, unlike the usual slight angle UP for ramp entry. I would have to drop the mag (taking opportunity to visually check no round in the chamber), then tap the magazine base on the bench in front of me to have the round angle up. Once re-inserted, the magazine would function fine and the remaining 13 rounds go pop with each trigger pull.

Anyone else have this issue with Golden Bullets?

Just curious as I'll likely never put GB through this pistol again.

Thanks.

I've put over 1,500 rounds through the pistol since picking up about 3 weeks ago. Been using Remington Black Pack, Aguila HV, Aguila SV, and CCI Blazer.

Today, I loaded the mags with Remington Golden Bullets. Every filled 16-round mag (I have 6), the 3rd round would not feed. That is, a round would not chamber; the round would lay FLAT in the magazine, unlike the usual slight angle UP for ramp entry. I would have to drop the mag (taking opportunity to visually check no round in the chamber), then tap the magazine base on the bench in front of me to have the round angle up. Once re-inserted, the magazine would function fine and the remaining 13 rounds go pop with each trigger pull.

Anyone else have this issue with Golden Bullets?

Just curious as I'll likely never put GB through this pistol again.

Thanks.
Just say no to remington golden bullets unless you are running them in a revolver. Like a minivan nothing good comes from these rounds. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews