JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
New loads make the Judge a more effective defensive weapon , not the meanest load around , but impressive from the top of the stairs at 3:00 am
I have one and it has functioned well for the 40 - 50 rounds I've put through it . Better handgun choices out there ? Definitely , but still a good
bedside drawer gun.

This is a good video that shows what a cut shell is. He uses 12GA but you'll get the idea. I would not want to get shot by one even in .410.

Regarding the Raging Judge, it can shoot .454 Casull that kind of says it, no?

Last edited by a moderator:
bkb0000 so your telling me a .410 slug (cut shell) will only cause minor damage? interesting very interesting..

I only tried it on 7/16 plywood, and it went thru, so yaeh im sure it would not penetrate a body very deep!

bkb0000 so your telling me a .410 slug (cut shell) will only cause minor damage? interesting very interesting..

I only tried it on 7/16 plywood, and it went thru, so yaeh im sure it would not penetrate a body very deep!

and a .22lr will easily sail through 3/4" plywood... what's your point?

I also thank you paradox, for the vid posting of cut shells.
After watching that, I would say that given the chance to use cut shells, I would not do it.
To modify any munitions that are to be used in a self defense weapon, Could show intent, or something along the lines that you were just looking for a living test medium.

Remember the .410 shot pistol , thunder 5, and that one didn't make as big a splash as the new judges.
But they still remind me of guns intended to shoot snakes, gators, and turtles out on the bayou, not people.

I still sat to the OP, if you want an impressive multi use gun, get a true and accurate pistol in .454, you can shoot 45LC thru it and 45LC shot shells.

Last Edited:
In exchange for the ability to shoot .410 shot rounds....which are a poor choice for self defense....you wind up with a large, heavy, 5 shot weapon that cannot use speed loaders and that is time-consuming to extract spent shells from when compared to a conventional revolver.

I'm not seeing any benefits. It seems like a solution in search of a problem. If you need a handgun to shoot snakes with, buy a standard .357 revolver and get a box of shotshells for the snakes, some .38's for cheap plinking, and some Magnum JHP's for personal defense. One gun, 3 different types of ammo (same as the Judge) only smaller, more powerful, and with 6 shots instead of 5 on tap and the ability to use speed loaders. Generations of American cops and armed civilians have successfully relied upon the proven .357 or .38+P rounds for self defense, why try to reinvent the wheel?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top