JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
New loads make the Judge a more effective defensive weapon , not the meanest load around , but impressive from the top of the stairs at 3:00 am
I have one and it has functioned well for the 40 - 50 rounds I've put through it . Better handgun choices out there ? Definitely , but still a good
bedside drawer gun.

This is a good video that shows what a cut shell is. He uses 12GA but you'll get the idea. I would not want to get shot by one even in .410.

Regarding the Raging Judge, it can shoot .454 Casull that kind of says it, no?

Last edited by a moderator:
bkb0000 so your telling me a .410 slug (cut shell) will only cause minor damage? interesting very interesting..

I only tried it on 7/16 plywood, and it went thru, so yaeh im sure it would not penetrate a body very deep!

bkb0000 so your telling me a .410 slug (cut shell) will only cause minor damage? interesting very interesting..

I only tried it on 7/16 plywood, and it went thru, so yaeh im sure it would not penetrate a body very deep!

and a .22lr will easily sail through 3/4" plywood... what's your point?

I also thank you paradox, for the vid posting of cut shells.
After watching that, I would say that given the chance to use cut shells, I would not do it.
To modify any munitions that are to be used in a self defense weapon, Could show intent, or something along the lines that you were just looking for a living test medium.

Remember the .410 shot pistol , thunder 5, and that one didn't make as big a splash as the new judges.
But they still remind me of guns intended to shoot snakes, gators, and turtles out on the bayou, not people.

I still sat to the OP, if you want an impressive multi use gun, get a true and accurate pistol in .454, you can shoot 45LC thru it and 45LC shot shells.

Last Edited:
In exchange for the ability to shoot .410 shot rounds....which are a poor choice for self defense....you wind up with a large, heavy, 5 shot weapon that cannot use speed loaders and that is time-consuming to extract spent shells from when compared to a conventional revolver.

I'm not seeing any benefits. It seems like a solution in search of a problem. If you need a handgun to shoot snakes with, buy a standard .357 revolver and get a box of shotshells for the snakes, some .38's for cheap plinking, and some Magnum JHP's for personal defense. One gun, 3 different types of ammo (same as the Judge) only smaller, more powerful, and with 6 shots instead of 5 on tap and the ability to use speed loaders. Generations of American cops and armed civilians have successfully relied upon the proven .357 or .38+P rounds for self defense, why try to reinvent the wheel?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top