JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
anyone have any experience with the judge? Either with .45LC or 2 1/2 shot shells? I bought it new in march and have never fired it. Now I've heard they have cylinder lock issues.

Shooting 45lc +p 335g wadcutters kicks some but have had no problems.
I have shot 300rnds 45lc and probably 200rds 410, buck shot and pdx are fun and
I wouldn't want to be shot by one.

Have had 2 .

Issues known; cylinder wants to bind sometimes. This has happened with a slow, deliberate double action pull.
3" empties will definitely be harder to eject, so I stick with shorter options.

The best way I can see to use it is to pull the trigger fast . It's not really a match revolver anyway

No experience but I've kind of always wanted the Curcuit Judge. Just because it's freaking weird.

1629168423868.jpeg

Paul Harrel is precisely why I didn't buy a taurus judge. And Glad I didn't now as well, since the price of 45lc and 410 is ridiculous. Save your money for something better, don't get that rifle either, it's awful. The only taurus I'd consider owning is a tx-22 comp, but I"d have to get a better trigger in there, so that's even questionable now.
Now the S&W Governor would be a far superior choice.

Paul Harrel is precisely why I didn't buy a taurus judge. And Glad I didn't now as well, since the price of 45lc and 410 is ridiculous. Save your money for something better, don't get that rifle either, it's awful. The only taurus I'd consider owning is a tx-22 comp, but I"d have to get a better trigger in there, so that's even questionable now.
Now the S&W Governor would be a far superior choice.
The point about the Judge isn't that it is a Taurus, it is that the .410 isn't very good when shot from a short rifled barrel, and it certainly is not a very good self-defense solution.

and it certainly is not a very good self-defense solution.
IMO it depends on whether of not it is used intelligently.

I have a Public Defender Judge... I wouldn't use it as a carry gun for a number of reasons, but with .410 PDX1 shells with the copper discs in it , a perp in the bedroom is going to be very sorry. I wouldn't use #5 shot for that purpose, even the longer barrel Judges need to get scary close to a rattler to be effective. And for .45LC there are just too many better choices.

Mine has never had a cylinder lockup unless I put 3" shells in it's 2 3/4" chamber... yah, it will fire just fine... once. Then the plastic blocks rotation. LMAO

For counterpoint watch Hickock45's review:

IMO it depends on whether of not it is used intelligently.

I have a Public Defender Judge... I wouldn't use it as a carry gun for a number of reasons, but with .410 PDX1 shells with the copper discs in it , a perp in the bedroom is going to be very sorry. I wouldn't use #5 shot for that purpose, even the longer barrel Judges need to get scary close to a rattler to be effective. And for .45LC there are just too many better choices.

Mine has never had a cylinder lockup unless I put 3" shells in it's 2 3/4" chamber... yah, it will fire just fine... once. Then the plastic blocks rotation. LMAO

For counterpoint watch Hickock45's review:

i have a few of the PDX1 shells. would like a few more but cant find them. I have my judge on my night stand as well.

i have a few of the PDX1 shells. would like a few more but cant find them. I have my judge on my night stand as well.
I love the PDX1 shells. And I guess every .410 box is hard to find right now. But they will come back! I don't need a bunch of them, I already did the watermelon shoot... oh man, that was IMPRESSIVE!!! At the distance I will be using, there was a huge spray of pink mist!!!

IMO nightstand use is a good choice for the Judge with PDX1 shells, that choice offers a devastating blow at bedroom distances, w/o too much worry about overpenetration into the building next door. That said, Paul Harrel did some good demo vids of wall penetration, and buckshot will go thru a lot of drywall. So I still plan on being careful.

The only defensive gun use I have read about with a Taurus Judge revolver involved three young adult males who broke through the back door of a house they thought was vacant in the middle of the day. The house was a two story with a basement so the homeowner grabbed his Judge and went upstairs where he thought the robbers were. One was in the basement and he reached the top of the stairs as the homeowner just finished coming down from the second level. If I recall correctly the robber had a crowbar in hand so the homeowner took a shot at him from ten feet away and missed completely. Yep the heavy trigger pull of the Judge pulled the barrel completely off target. The homeowner took a second shot which wounded the robber and all three scrambled out the back door.

The homeowner was investigated and eventually cleared by the Grand Jury, but it cost him $10,000 in lawyer fees!!!

Yep the heavy trigger pull of the Judge pulled the barrel completely off target.
LOL. My wife has a revolver with a 12lb trigger pull and it does NOT pull the barrel off target... that is a function of poor training/practice. Now maybe if it was a 50lb trigger...

The homeowner was investigated and eventually cleared by the Grand Jury, but it cost him $10,000 in lawyer fees!!!
Well that's a bummer! Sounds like either there was more to the story, the homeowner said something dumb to LE, or the DA is an azzhat. Or maybe they gonna sue him for not using a lethal enough weapon. ROFLMAO

The thing I don't get about that gun is why buy one when there are so many better options in that price range.

Nothing personal OP. JMO, I say sell it and buy a Taurus in 38spl. Or better yet a S&W in 38. Unless you have other guns and that one is just for range fun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top