JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't have one, but have 10 or so other Taurus guns. The G2C seem to get strong reviews from the usual (and often paid/endorsed) online reviewers. But these are bargain basement guns. I've seen them sub-$200 and Taurus has a $25 or so rebate. So you can get into the gun for under $200. Not a big investment to try it.

My experiences with Taurus, however, have soured me to the brand and I won't recommend any of their proprietary stuff. I think that one is safe to get one of their Beretta, Colt, or SW clones, but I would avoid their inhouse stuff. This gun is in the "disposable" gun category so you're only out $200 + if it's junk.

Problem with Taurus is multi-pronged. First, they discontinue guns too frequently and without notice, and you cannot get parts. Next, their warranty has gotten worse which kills the resale, since it's only for original owners. And it takes months to get simple warranty work done, if they will honor the repairs. I'm not even confident the company will survive their massive reputation damage, since so many formerly loyal customers jumped ship given their abysmal handling of their latest recalls (Taurus models and Rossi models).

Looks like I am picking up one on sat in OD green.

IMG_5862.jpg

I had the original PT111G2
Enjoyed it, sold it and regret it. It would eat anything.

if they fixed the trigger everyone would own one. mine sits in the safe.

Exactly! It the only thing I don't like about mine. Pulling the trigger is long, then there is a "catch" in the travel, then another 1/2" or so it goes bang. Some people have the same issue, and some don't.

Oh, and the finish is on par with spray paint and wears extremely quickly.

I bought mine last summer, carried it a couple of times, a couple of range trips, and it's ridden in a pouch in my ATV on a couple of trips. It's the most worn looking pistol I own now.

But the ergonomics are excellent, the size is excellent, the capacity and controls are excellent, and it points very naturally for me. But that awful trigger ruins the pistol, IMHO.

QJOeg5oAb3fnEMAQLMP4zMojUjow3FKtAmYD8ajsxZ4pX92IB.jpg

I also want to get the slide coated in od green to match the lower.

Let me offer a counter view. By the time you dump the money and time into trigger upgrade/fix and ceracoating, you could easily be into a much better gun. I'd suggest and XDs, Shield, PPS gen 1 or gen 2, Glock....

Sorta defeats the purpose of a bargain gun when you have to dump $200+ into fixing it...

Let me offer a counter view. By the time you dump the money and time into trigger upgrade/fix and ceracoating, you could easily be into a much better gun. I'd suggest and XDs, Shield, PPS gen 1 or gen 2, Glock....
Sorta defeats the purpose of a bargain gun when you have to dump $200+ into fixing it...

Exactly. But, I did buy a stainless steel striker channel guide for mine for $20 in hopes that it would improve the trigger, since I liked the rest of the pistol so much. It didn't help. So now I've just put the gun back on the shelf and may take it apart and see if I can fix it myself later.

My M&P40c with night sights was $349 and had a $50 rebate. It's now my primary carry gun and I've invested in a $40 Apex Tactical sear. Now it has a 3.75lb trigger. If a gun fits you perfectly and you shoot it well, then spending a little extra to make it perfect (for you) may be worth the investment.

But, yeah, if the trigger kit is around $100 and cerakote is another $100, then you are getting into the range of best to just go with a gun with a better finish and better trigger off the bat.

Lol i dont mind opinions but i really dont care for his attitude and how he presented him self via pm. I really don't care either way. Im out.

Lol i dont mind opinions but i really dont care for his attitude and how he presented him self via pm. I really don't care either way. Im out.

OK. Well, my opinion is kinda on track with others. I don't see spending all the extra money on a budget firearm when you could buy something of higher quality with a proven track record. I personally think Taurus autos leave a lot to be desired and are definitely in the "budget" category. I certainly wouldn't trust one to defend myself and/or my family.

That being said, it's just my opinion. YMMV. Good luck.

OK. Well, my opinion is kinda on track with others. I don't see spending all the extra money on a budget firearm when you could buy something of higher quality with a proven track record. I personally think Taurus autos leave a lot to be desired and are definitely in the "budget" category. I certainly wouldn't trust one to defend myself and/or my family.

That being said, it's just my opinion. YMMV. Good luck.
never said I was not looking for a budget pistol :) opinions vary by milage

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads