JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

hello:

I have been noticeing that most of the hand guns come with cleaning kits, however I did Get a Taurus 92 9mm and i have not been able to find a cleaning kit for this semi auto handgun? it also looks like that do not sell much in this company I just got their catalog because i was not finding anything online and looked thought it 92and all it shows rifles and shotguns, handguns, let me correct one thing on the rifles they do come with a cleaning kit so i really do not understand why all the other brands carry's range bags, cleaning kits and some other items,

now my trainer still has my handgunm because i am still waiting on my paperwork, I got held back with one part of it because of short on money so i did not make an appointment with fingerprints and once i do that i can send in all my paperwork and everything goes though then i will take my course and start shooting and i really can't wait, but like i was just saying i really just found out that Taurus does not carry anything but guns which i find every strange.

i understand that the gun i got is just like the beretta 92 so i am wondering if i can use some of the stuff that is used on the beretta 92 it would be ok to use with my taurus? i know i plan on asking the person that is going to be training me plus the range i would be going to, I am just trying to find out some stuff ahead of time?

any help would be great

Lisa- hamilton NJ

You can pick up a generic cleaning kit from your local sporting goods store or online; just make sure whatever kit you buy has a 9mm brush.

Personally I use a plastic brush without any solvent to clean the barrel but I normally shoot jacketed bullets that don't leave much residue and I tend to clean my guns right away. If you want to use solvent you can't really go wrong with Hoppe's.

You may need a small screwdriver to take the grip screws off but for the most part those are the only tools necessary for a standard cleaning.

This might be helpful to you: GunKnowledge.com - Taurus PT92 AF Disassembly - YouTube

Any Beretta 92 cleaning kit equipment will work with the Taurus PT92. But you don't need a specialized kit. A 9mm bore brush, a decent solvent, some rags, and lubricating oil, and you are all set. In fact, not everyone even uses a bore brush. You just need some way to get the solvent to clean out the lead and powder residue. A skinny pencil with a solvent-soaked bit of cloth for the barrel, and an old toothbrush dipped in solvent for the rest of the internals will work.

Any Beretta 92 cleaning kit equipment will work with the Taurus PT92. But you don't need a specialized kit. A 9mm bore brush, a decent solvent, some rags, and lubricating oil, and you are all set. In fact, not everyone even uses a bore brush. You just need some way to get the solvent to clean out the lead and powder residue. A skinny pencil with a solvent-soaked bit of cloth for the barrel, and an old toothbrush dipped in solvent for the rest of the internals will work.
Yep, this ^

Hello Everyone:

Sorry it took so long to get back to you but my mind has been in another direction, as i am going in for major surgery on tuesday Oct 23 so that is going to slow me down a bit, will not be able to start like i wanted as a recovery of 6 to 8 weeks, and the first 2 weeks nothing at all.
hoping i can stay in touch with everyone as i am recovering, will be in for 2 days, and not in our area, at least 1 hour away as my doctor is in Red Bank NJ and we are in hamilton NJ

talk soon

Lisa

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Oregon Arms Collectors June 2024 Gun Show
  • Portland, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads