Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Taurus 9 mm and items you need with it

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by lstetz, Oct 6, 2012.

1. lstetz

lstetz Hamilton NJ New Member

hello:

I have been noticeing that most of the hand guns come with cleaning kits, however I did Get a Taurus 92 9mm and i have not been able to find a cleaning kit for this semi auto handgun? it also looks like that do not sell much in this company I just got their catalog because i was not finding anything online and looked thought it 92and all it shows rifles and shotguns, handguns, let me correct one thing on the rifles they do come with a cleaning kit so i really do not understand why all the other brands carry's range bags, cleaning kits and some other items,

now my trainer still has my handgunm because i am still waiting on my paperwork, I got held back with one part of it because of short on money so i did not make an appointment with fingerprints and once i do that i can send in all my paperwork and everything goes though then i will take my course and start shooting and i really can't wait, but like i was just saying i really just found out that Taurus does not carry anything but guns which i find every strange.

i understand that the gun i got is just like the beretta 92 so i am wondering if i can use some of the stuff that is used on the beretta 92 it would be ok to use with my taurus? i know i plan on asking the person that is going to be training me plus the range i would be going to, I am just trying to find out some stuff ahead of time?

any help would be great

Lisa- hamilton NJ

2. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

You can pick up a generic cleaning kit from your local sporting goods store or online; just make sure whatever kit you buy has a 9mm brush.

Personally I use a plastic brush without any solvent to clean the barrel but I normally shoot jacketed bullets that don't leave much residue and I tend to clean my guns right away. If you want to use solvent you can't really go wrong with Hoppe's.

You may need a small screwdriver to take the grip screws off but for the most part those are the only tools necessary for a standard cleaning.

This might be helpful to you: GunKnowledge.com - Taurus PT92 AF Disassembly - YouTube

3. edogg

edogg Western Washington Active Member

4. AlphaCoyote

AlphaCoyote Oh, I get around. New Member

Any Beretta 92 cleaning kit equipment will work with the Taurus PT92. But you don't need a specialized kit. A 9mm bore brush, a decent solvent, some rags, and lubricating oil, and you are all set. In fact, not everyone even uses a bore brush. You just need some way to get the solvent to clean out the lead and powder residue. A skinny pencil with a solvent-soaked bit of cloth for the barrel, and an old toothbrush dipped in solvent for the rest of the internals will work.

5. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Yep, this ^

6. lstetz

lstetz Hamilton NJ New Member

Hello Everyone:

Sorry it took so long to get back to you but my mind has been in another direction, as i am going in for major surgery on tuesday Oct 23 so that is going to slow me down a bit, will not be able to start like i wanted as a recovery of 6 to 8 weeks, and the first 2 weeks nothing at all.
    hoping i can stay in touch with everyone as i am recovering, will be in for 2 days, and not in our area, at least 1 hour away as my doctor is in Red Bank NJ and we are in hamilton NJ

talk soon

Lisa

7. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Any 9mm/357 cleaning kit will do.