JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I just bought a target sight for my 31C and was wondering if anyone had a sight pusher I could rent from them or how much someone would charge to install it for me. I have installed night sights myself on my XDm with a hammer and brass punch with no problems, but this sight is plastic and could be damaged using that method. Or, is there any other trick to installing it without a pusher?

Its really difficult to replace a sight pusher. The best one I've used is the Uni-200L universal sight pusher. The only other way to install it without a pusher is with a hammer and soft punch. Brownells has a set of nylon drift punches for about five bucks. Item #080-478-000AC. I would also get a soft hammer if you don't have one already. The one inch hammer should give you enough tapping power without overdoing it. I put platic heads on both sides. They're cheap and last quite a while. Let me know if you have any further questions.

I was really surprised when the Glock armorer at the Glock show at TCGC put extended mag releases on my two Glocks for free. Nothing is ever free anymore. He wouldn't even accept a tip.

There is a seller on Ebay that sells misc Glock stuff - search "Glock barrel polishing" and I want to get the slide release extended tab and breakdown tabs. Should I just wait to run into another Armorer at one of these shows or buy them and then take them to someone like the Gun Broker in Clackamas?

BTW, no big into bling, but this guy does a great job with barrel polishing. <broken link removed>

You could always install the slide stop and slide lock yourself. It is very simple to do!
Lots of youtube videos and tons of info on Glocktalk that can show you how do it.

Also, if you are a GSSF member, you can sign up to take the Glock Armorer's class
the next time they have a class in your area. The class is around 180 bucks, but well
worth it..........free lunch and you get to play with glocks for 8hrs. :cool:

Spookshack -

I was trying to get the pins to come out and had an epic fail. I will definitely join GSSF and take the armorer class at the Tigard Police Dept on Dec 6th. I have a detailed DVD on Glocks on its way also. Lots of nice people have offered to help me out in the meantime.

Do they provide the Glock(s) to that class or do you take your own. I'd rather mess up their Glock :)

Noisycow-

DO NOT bring any guns or ammo to the class! Glock will provide the guns that you will use in class (mostly G22's and G23's).

Oh, and you won't have any trouble with the pins in those guns............they make the gals on 82nd feel like virgins! :s0140:

Also, the sooner you get sign up with GSSF, the sooner you can sign up for the armorer class.
The schedule changes weekly, with new classes added, canceled, or full, so don't have your heart
set on a certain date or location. It helps to be flexible. Just some food for thought. :)

OK, thanks a lot guys. At the rate I am tinkering with them I should be up to speed for a class in December and I'll join GSSF right away. The problem with following instructional videos on YouTube is the person typically takes the easy parts very slow and then when they get to some critical part, they cover the camera and fly by it .... frustrating. Have to stop trying to use brute force and take things slow.

Well, I took my Glock in to the Gunbroker in Clackamas yesterday around 2pm to have that sight installed. I was in and out of there in five minutes. Great service! Especially since I didn't have to pay anything. :s0155:

I bought the Ptooma Complete Glock Reference Guide and a Glock disassembly DVD from the Glockstore.com and now I can actually take a Glock apart and put it back together. I know that is no big deal for most, but I never thought I could do it. Plus, it is actually a lot of fun.

I am going to put in a 3.5lb trigger kit in my G17.

Next I'll need to figure out the Ruger Mark II. Heard it is hard. Just need to do enough to clean it though. Then an AR. I had one started and couldn't get it back together DOH!; had to compare to an assembled one to figure it out. I'll never be a gunsmith. Now I just need to get free time from work and get to the range, dirty guns up, have a reason to take things apart, rinse/repeat.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top