Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Resolved Tapatalk - SSTTOOOOPP........with the forumzone app adds

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by rdb241, Aug 7, 2015.

1. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Just this morning, every time I try to link NWFA from my e-mail I get an add for a Forumzone app for my phone. I can not go any farther without downloading it. Just stop. I do not want this app for my phone. I am just fine without it. Just more junk to clog up my phone that I don't use. Admin, please fix this problem. Allow me to link this great website from my e-mail with out this garbage add. Thanx

Koda likes this.
  2. mcfoto

mcfoto Newberg Active Member

what? There's an app now? On it.

3. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

4. rdb241

It's a Tapatalk thing. I just tried to link your post from my e-mail, and it happened again. I had to get out of the link, open a new page just to get here for a reply. What a pain in the butt. Admins, please remove this.

Koda likes this.
  5. rdb241

Just this morning, every time I try to link NWFA from my e-mail I get an add for a Forumzone app for my phone. I can not go any farther without downloading it. Just stop. I do not want this app for my phone. I am just fine without it. Just more junk to clog up my phone that I don't use. Admin, please fix this problem. Allow me to link this great website from my e-mail with out this garbage add. Thanx

6. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

@Joe Link (to get his attention)

7. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Definitely not something intentional, and I don't believe it's related to Tapatalk (though it could be). I'm investigating now.

8. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Trying to reproduce this, not having any luck so far.

9. rdb241

Thanx Joe. I just completed a link from my e-mail to this thread and it worked this time. For some reason I tried about 7 times earlier this morning and it would not let me get passed the app add. I don't know if you did any thing but everything is working correctly now. It was just frustrating. Thanx again Joe

10. Joe Link

I appreciate you bringing it up right away, as I'm especially apprehensive about shady ads.

11. Spray-n-pray

Spray-n-pray Battle Ground Moderator Staff Member

Joe Link likes this.
  12. rdb241

Well it just came up again when I tried to go through the second thread I started about this. I was on my e-mail and tried to link from there.....and it popped up again on that thread. Is it my carrier and there server? I don't understand.

13. Joe Link

Yep, thanks.

14. Joe Link

That's possible. I've never heard of Forumzone, and a search didn't yield any results.

Which carrier are you on? Which phone do you have? Can you take a screenshot?

15. rdb241

16. Joe Link

Hmm, no question it's Tapatalk then. The timing makes sense, we just updated it yesterday.

Here's the option, but it's disabled:

Sounds like it's not detecting that it isn't your first visit. Do you have cookies enabled?

Is anyone else having this issue?

17. rdb241

I will check the cookies thing

Joe Link likes this.
  18. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

What browser are you using on your phone?

19. rdb241

It is a Droid, my carrier is Verizon and everything about Droid is controlled by Google. You have to have a gmail account and all the apps are through the Google store.