JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A few years ago I bought a 375 HH because I was heading on a safari and wanted an "Afirca gun" even though I wasn't hunting dangerous game (and sold a perfectly good 338 win to get it :( ). It shoots reasonably well and I can handle the recoil but it's far from fun, and down right unbearable after about 15-20 rounds. The rifle is a synthetic model 700 and only weighs about 7lbs which is wonderful for packing but like I said takes all the fun out of shooting it. I bow hunt elk and have a wonderful load for my '06 that puts 5 Partitions into sub MOA groups at over 2800fps so I really don't need the 375 but can't bring myself to sell it due to its sentimental value after taking it to Africa. I was thinking about developing a load that would throttle it WAY back to the "fun" realm but keep it able to still flatten anything I point at it. I'd like it to keep a 250-270 grn bullet inside of about 2.5" at 100yds without it having the trajectory of a rainbow. All the reloading manuals/tables I've seen have loads in the near to the same ranges or higher than the factory ammo. What would be a good starting point for a load as I described? Or is this all a pipe dream trying to make this cartridge something it's not?

I have some RL 19, 22 and 25, lots of Hunter and a couple pounds of IMR and H4350 to choose from...

Any and all advice is appreciated!

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top